Organize buddies with multiple screennames

Request features that you'd like to see in future versions of AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

StheHedghog
Just Registered
Just Registered

Organize buddies with multiple screennames

Post by StheHedghog »

for people on your buddy list who have like... 5 sn's that they use alternatingly, i think that it should be possible to make like a ... group for that person... like, in the buddy list, someone has 5 sn's that he/she uses, you make one deal that says the person's name, kristina, lets say. and it has a little expandable deal, that you can have her sn's in. if you don't get it, i can try to explain it better. :wink:
and i really hope nobody has requested this already, cause i think this is like... the first time i made a good request. :)
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

if your talking about what i think your talking about then this is already in AIM.

just go to your list setup (where you add SN's) and click New Group. And you can name it whatever. then just put all his/her naems in that group.

It goes on your BL like the 'Buddies' and 'Co Workers' do

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
iamvoyager
Addict
Addict

Post by iamvoyager »

yeah, but when you have 180 something buddies and a bunch* of them have multiple screen names, the folders take up half of the visible buddy list!

i think there should be something similiar to this, 1 name in the buddy list will come on line for say 4 different screenames
nybbles
Addict
Addict

Post by nybbles »

Interesting idea, I'm willing to support it, I know that my roommate does this with AIM with the BL that is built in, but if you have 180 people on your list that are like that, I can see you point. But I wouldn't put this at the top of the priority list.
iamvoyager
Addict
Addict

Post by iamvoyager »

it would be REALLY nice if there were a way to sort the buddy list into folders (like you can now), that dont show up in the buddy list window at all, just screen names online in the top folder would be above those in the folder below and so on, this would make it easier to keep things organized without the extra crap in the buddy list window