IM / Chat Invite Limit

Request features that you'd like to see in future versions of AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Anthony

IM / Chat Invite Limit

Post by Anthony »

Would it be possible to limit how many IMs and Chat invites you could get in say a second (Im talking just new windows). I ran accross a major problem when I "upset" someone in a chat room the other day and they sent me like 50 chat invites in around 1 or 2 mins, and this really slowed down the computer (I think it would have ?crashed? AIM but I was using GAIM at the time).
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
fuuucckkers

Re: IM / Chat Invite Limit

Post by fuuucckkers »

aclauser wrote:Would it be possible to limit how many IMs and Chat invites you could get in say a second (Im talking just new windows). I ran accross a major problem when I "upset" someone in a chat room the other day and they sent me like 50 chat invites in around 1 or 2 mins, and this really slowed down the computer (I think it would have ?crashed? AIM but I was using GAIM at the time).

Haha.. yeah i know about that. There is no limit on the # of chat invites and the sort. My friend has a prog that can send out SPAM chat invites to whoever his choosing..and it sends about 50-75? in about 5-10 seconds.. it is really quite neat to watch the computers RAM fill up and then crash with a Blue Screen of Death! (I should know, he did it to me) :P
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Although somehow I avoided a crash. May have had to do with running 2k (I have never seen the blue screen on death on 2k). Or that my computer was just too slow to get that many IMs at the same time, but it sure was annoying.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ