'Remove Klez from Big-O-Software' Spam

Website stuff

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

nemyx

Post by nemyx »

interesting... check out plasma's old profile (sort by total posts, desc from the memberlist)... under the avatar it says 'idiot'... :o haha
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

nemyx wrote:interesting... check out plasma's old profile (sort by total posts, desc from the memberlist)... under the avatar it says 'idiot'... :o haha
That was already pointed out.
nemyx

Post by nemyx »

ah well... consider it twice as funny then...
tone
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by tone »

wow i cant believe plasma was booted he answered a lot of question on the site but i mean dont do the crime if you cant pay the time...i like the little idiot thing above his name lol =)
tone
nybbles
Addict
Addict

Post by nybbles »

Big-O Ryan wrote:He exploited a bug in phpBB, in order to obtain both the public e-mail addresses and the hidden ones. Fortunately, this vulnerability is no longer relavant since all e-mail addresses are now hidden all the time. Unfortunately, he obviously got what he wanted.
For this reason alone, I now understand the reason why Big-O banned his account. I agree that his actions were totally wrong and also believe the punishment is fair.
plasma2002

Post by plasma2002 »

Big-O Ryan wrote:He exploited a bug in phpBB, in order to obtain both the public e-mail addresses and the hidden ones.
yeah.... by accident. I was just in the member list looking through all the emails and i ordered them a certain way and did something else just to make it easier to read on my part (im not gonna say exactly what i did), and what i didnt realise was that it was displaying ALL the emails. I didnt realise this until i was almost all the way through the list.

Do you guys honestly think a permenant ban is really nescesary?

I love these boards, and i guess i could give you a sympathy story and stuff, but im not going to. Im simply asking if theres ANY way possible i can have a less severe punishment.

If no, then i guess not. But im just asking in hopes that mark and ryan can work something out between eachother to still allow me to post on a regular basis and stuff.

thank you
Michael
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by Michael »

Although I don't agree with what Plasma did, and I find it somewhat selfish and irresponsible of him, he does have a point--perhaps a permanent ban isn't necessary. I don't think he intended anything malicious, he was just frustrated and took matters into his own hands. I think he learned his lesson, and perhaps he deserves a second chance.

Of course, this is totally up to the discretion of Mark and Ryan. As a fellow Administrator, I don't wish to undercut their decision in anyway. I just feel that Plasma understands that he should never do anything like this again, and I think he is quite aware why Mark and Ryan would be angry. (If someone exploited my board, I'd be unhappy, too.) I think he knows that he should've reported the bug, rather than using it for his own gain. I doubt he will do it again and perhaps he does deserve another chance.
plasma2002

Post by plasma2002 »

Michael wrote:...........I think he knows that he should've reported the bug...........
Big-O Ryan wrote:...........He explicitly indicated to us (by PM) his awareness that he was exploiting a bug in the system..........
and it was NOT meant as a threat when i PM'ed them
SparkleSatine
Addict
Addict

Post by SparkleSatine »

I don't believe the exploit was malicious in any way...I don't see why another chance would be 'bad' ... You can clearly see that he understands his wrongdoing and whatnot.

If worst comes to worst, can't he just get another account? A la what he's doing now?
~Kate~
plasma2002

Post by plasma2002 »

yes... but im not posting outside of this topic until i get a response from Mark and Ryan as if im allowed to or not. I can respect that they banned me, im only posting in this thread right now.
punkster103
Addict
Addict

Post by punkster103 »

I think he got banned because Mark and Ryan were worried he would eventually get more posts then they have. :D
Prouderesterest Moderator of the Schwippy.com forums.
Look! I can make an egg stand up on the first day of spring and winter! Can you? :D
tone
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by tone »

man plasma you really messed up but maybe it was an honest mistake we will never know but they might give you another chance but we will see
tone
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

When I get a chance to talk to Mark, we'll respond here.
-Ryan
Big-O Software
plasma2002

Post by plasma2002 »

a few of you said you didnt know what was being talked about here.

I took the email i sent and put it in html and put it online for those of you who did not get the email.

This is the original context of the email and nothing has been changed. You can read this and judge for yourself on what happened.

http://www.schwippy.com/bigo.html

-B
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

the email wrote:From: Big-O-Software - AIM Plus
Subject: Remove Klez from Big-O-Software
To: Big-O-Software Member
-Ryan
Big-O Software