visual alert when IMed while Away

Request features that you'd like to see in future versions of AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

B-ker ITK

visual alert when IMed while Away

Post by B-ker ITK »

I use AIM at work a lot, but like to keep my away message up while I'm working and all of the windows minimized for conservation of space and so that my boss doesnt see that I'm on. I often find that when I use AIM in this method, the minimized windows don't give you a visual alert (flashing toolbar items in winxp) when people IM you, like it does when you are in a non away state. Is this a feature that could be feasible in future versions of AIM+?
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

Not a bad idea..but how would this visual alert be? Would you want AIM to flash in the tray?
B-ker ITK

Post by B-ker ITK »

Yeah, that's what I meant. For it to flash in the tray, not the toolbar; I don't know why I said toolbar. It already flashes when you don't have an away message up, but I need it to flash when my away message is up and hide windows and disable sounds is checked.
tone
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by tone »

heres an idea even though you like your messages you can go to myaim>edit options>edit prefrences>buddy list>then check off hide in taskbar etc. when you put your away message on the buddy list and away message box goes into the tray..not sure if this would help but just a suggestion
tone
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

t0ne wrote:heres an idea even though you like your messages you can go to myaim>edit options>edit prefrences>buddy list>then check off hide in taskbar etc. when you put your away message on the buddy list and away message box goes into the tray..not sure if this would help but just a suggestion
Yea, but what if you're a person like me who doesn't want AIM in the taskbar?
tone
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by tone »

i am sorry i mean it puts everything into the tray
tone