Auto-break and send long messages

Request features that you'd like to see in future versions of AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

bigjesse

Auto-break and send long messages

Post by bigjesse »

k say you cant DC with soemone and want t o paste soem long texts, you can click send and if tehre is more than the limit it sends that second, it would even space them out for rate limiting. and a cancel button just incase you dont it it going ten minutes lol(and idea for the cancel would be send under the send icon turns to cancel)

and another option would be like what it shows when you sare sending a file through DC, show like it sending files in "parts" and it would say 1 2 3 4 5 parts done
nybbles
Addict
Addict

Post by nybbles »

OK, after deciphering what you were asking for...

I'm sure this has already been requested. I"m totally up for it. One of the most annoying things about AIM, is that you can't send long messages. If it could auto-break-and-send the message it would be AWESOME!
J3utton
Addict
Addict

Post by J3utton »

Ok... this was requested a long long time ago... I just tried to find the old thread (but I cant)... but yeah, why dont you just direct connect? Its a lot easier
nybbles
Addict
Addict

Post by nybbles »

J3utton wrote:Ok... this was requested a long long time ago... I just tried to find the old thread (but I cant)... but yeah, why dont you just direct connect? Its a lot easier
Sometimes I don't realize how big my message is and it is annoying to have to direct connect or cut it up when all I want to do is paste a paragraph of an essay I'm writing (or a mass message I'm sending to everyone) into the dialog so I can get a quick opinion from one of my friends.

Talk about run-on sentences. :roll: