Password to Edit Profile

Request features that you'd like to see in future versions of AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

B-ker ITK

Password to Edit Profile

Post by B-ker ITK »

I have friends over a lot who use my computer. But, you always get that one asshole friend who trys to be all cute whenever you leave the room by changing your profile to say something like, "I LOVE MEN!", or any other number of childish things. Besides from kicking his ass the next time you see him, there's really nothing else you can do to prevent it. I can't imagine it would be terribly difficult to include a password feature to edit your profile, but what the hell do I know, I'm not a programmer.
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

Why don't you just not be on AIM while your friends come over?? And dont have AIM auto sign-on. That would fix your problem.
B-ker ITK

Post by B-ker ITK »

I'm always signed on...I live in an apartment with 4 other guys, so it get's a little hectic. You know what I mean...someone will ask if they can check their email for a sec, so you go to do something else for a couple minutes and when you come back some jackass has altered your profile. And you usually don't find out about it until the next day. This kind of thing would happen on a regular basis when I was living in the dorms at college...like any other feature, you would have the option to turn it on or off.
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

Yeah I do know exactly what you mean... one of my friends always does this to some of his friends.. heh. He changes the profile to things just like you mentioned. (I like men, or im fag).. I think it's pretty funny.. he does it all the time. :)

So I suppose it wouldn't be a bad thing to have. Password protected profiles... but it still seems kind of stupid. It's just a profile. dont worry about it.
J3utton
Addict
Addict

Post by J3utton »

even if you password protected editing it through aim... you could still just as easily edit it the manual way in notepad... I suppose you could even go so far as to encrypt that file... but that would be a little overkill... and it would really get annoying for the people that edit their profile all the time in notepad (ie: me, because I hate how Aim puts <font blah blah blah></font> for ever single word you type)....

But yeah... if its a feature that can be turned on and off I dont see anything wrong with it... except that a much easier alternative is to beat the kid with a bat.... that might work better, might even make you feel a little better to!
Michael
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by Michael »

My friend Tamara once put "i love tamara" at the bottom of my info when she was over. That was a month ago--people are still asking me if we are going out! :)