Site's been slow lately.

Website stuff

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Matt

Post by Matt »

Every forum counts your posts EXCEPT the OT forum. In that forum, any posts you make do not add to your post count. This is why you sometimes see people in there that are always posting but have a post count of like 1...you catch my drift?
-Matt
Timelessblur wrote:I only know 4 langueges. Engish, Band Engish, Really bad Engish and Timelessblurain
nybbles
Addict
Addict

Post by nybbles »

KooLTaB101 wrote:Every forum counts your posts EXCEPT the OT forum. In that forum, any posts you make do not add to your post count. This is why you sometimes see people in there that are always posting but have a post count of like 1...you catch my drift?
Yeah, I understand that. 2 questions: I'm not sure if you can answer them.

Is there any particular reason why it is set up that way in the OT forum?

How can I do that on my board, if I ever wanted to? I also use phpBB with subSilver and I don't see that option.
Dice599
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Dice599 »

nybbles wrote:
KooLTaB101 wrote:Every forum counts your posts EXCEPT the OT forum. In that forum, any posts you make do not add to your post count. This is why you sometimes see people in there that are always posting but have a post count of like 1...you catch my drift?
Yeah, I understand that. 2 questions: I'm not sure if you can answer them.

Is there any particular reason why it is set up that way in the OT forum?

How can I do that on my board, if I ever wanted to? I also use phpBB with subSilver and I don't see that option.
I can answer number 1. They (Mark and Ryan) wanted us (the posters) to be able to just say nethin we want, if its kept clean, and it not affect our post count because the ranking system is dependent on the number of posts a person has and if they counted towards ur post count u could just post aimlessly and be an 'Extreme Groupie' w/o having done nething. Can't answer number 2 tho.
Official Beta Tester
ExploreAnywhere Software, LLC

There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.
Matt

Post by Matt »

nybbles wrote:How can I do that on my board, if I ever wanted to? I also use phpBB with subSilver and I don't see that option.
Mark or Ryan will have to answer that (or someone else who knows) because I have no clue. I just went through an admin panel and see no option for this. I bet its something they configured in the php itself.
-Matt
Timelessblur wrote:I only know 4 langueges. Engish, Band Engish, Really bad Engish and Timelessblurain
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

Dice599's explanation seems pretty good, as to why posts to the Totally Off Topic forum do not raise your post count.

And, there is a mod on phpBB.com called NoPostCount, though you'll have to search the forums to find it.. This is what we used.
-Ryan
Big-O Software
nybbles
Addict
Addict

Post by nybbles »

Big-O Ryan wrote:Dice599's explanation seems pretty good, as to why posts to the Totally Off Topic forum do not raise your post count.

And, there is a mod on phpBB.com called NoPostCount, though you'll have to search the forums to find it.. This is what we used.
ok, thanks, I guess that explains everything :D
Violinist, Composer, and Technology Hobbyist
Music Performance Major Penn State University
Sverdlove.com/MusicalHorizon.com "Site Admin"
http://www.sverdlove.com
http://www.musicalhorizon.com