Link that adds other people to your b/l

Tricks, Hacks, Tools, other Add-ons, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

XIII
Addict
Addict

Link that adds other people to your b/l

Post by XIII »

I was wondering if anyone knows how to make a link that when people click it, it adds them to my buddy list. like the ooposite of
aim:AddBuddy?ScreenName=SCREENNAME&groupname=Who's+Your+Daddy?
..its kindof a weird thing to want, but i have my reasons. 8)
Anarchy and Peace - Learn and Teach.
Kill the panda!
fuuucckkers

Re: Link that adds other people to your b/l

Post by fuuucckkers »

XIII wrote:I was wondering if anyone knows how to make a link that when people click it, it adds them to my buddy list. like the ooposite of
aim:AddBuddy?ScreenName=SCREENNAME&groupname=Who's+Your+Daddy?
..its kindof a weird thing to want, but i have my reasons. 8)
that is the correct command structure. you just have to put it in linkage format. :P

<a href="aim:AddBuddyScreenName=SCREENNAME&groupname=Who's+Your+Daddy">Click here to add me to your buddy list!</a>
Matt

Post by Matt »

No...he wants to know if there is a way if someone clicks on a link that he sets up, they are added to his buddy list...

To my knowledge, there is no way. I have never heard of this before...but if you stumble across something like it, tell me...because that would be a great tool to use.
-Matt
Timelessblur wrote:I only know 4 langueges. Engish, Band Engish, Really bad Engish and Timelessblurain
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

That sounds impossible.

BUT if there is a way.. i would like to see it work..would be a neat little feature to have.
Frank Grimes

Post by Frank Grimes »

Couldn't you just set up a sub profile link that says "click here to be added to my buddy list" and then you could just check the list of people who have viewed your sub profile and add them to your list manually?
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

yes,..... thats one way of doing it.

but however you do it, it wouldnt be easy.

One way i can think of, you can use php or asp for this. Like above, you would have to have a link that would add theyre name to a list. and then when, say YOU visit the list, the webpage stits out at you the html of a link that would add all the SN's of the people that have visited to your list.

If you really want i can make a simnple little version of this for ya in asp.

:)

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

Yes you COULD, but we're not talking about SubProfiles...we're talking about a way to make it "automatically" insert the users name into your own profile when they click the link. ( i think so..from my understanding anyways)
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

well..... simply put... its impossible, unless you are running some kind of program that would act as a server, and the link included a route back to your 'server'. Because to even know when people are clicking the link, there needs to be a way for you or your computer know that they clicked it. And you would need to allow this incomming connection to 'tell' your computer that the link has been clicked.

And like i said, unless your running some kind of server program, it just doesnt work like that. But in theory, it aint that hard to do :wink:

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

I know that there a why to put a link in you profil that will add you to your name to some elses buddy list if it click on. I just do not rember how. But a friend of mine use to have a link that if you click on it. It would put he sn under a new group name Called Your momma. so I know it can be done
jester22c

Post by jester22c »

Timelessblurr wrote:I know that there a why to put a link in you profil that will add you to your name to some elses buddy list if it click on. I just do not rember how. But a friend of mine use to have a link that if you click on it. It would put he sn under a new group name Called Your momma. so I know it can be done
That is the same thing as listed above. The screen name would be added to the list of whomever clicked the link. You cannot specify who's list it goes on, it is a local URL, relative to the "clicker".
:D
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

Plasma's right. His is pretty much the only way. If you wanted it to be instantaneous, I guess you'd have to do this:

1. Write a page in ASP, PHP, or whatever you prefer that will record the screennames of people who click a link of the form http://www.host.dom/page.asp?name=%n

2. Write a program that continuously refreshes the list of people who want to be added to your buddy list and adds (new) screennames to your buddy list as they appear on the list. (I don't know what happens if you try to add the same name twice.)

3. (the easy part) Copy a link to your web page like this one "<a href="http://www.host.dom/page.asp?name=%n" target="_self">Click to add yourself to my buddy list!</a>" and paste it into your profile.