The Future of Big-O Software and AIM+

Discuss anything related to AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

thecaptainjs wrote:Lets face it, big-o died
nothing new in a year and a half, and after the big AIM+ release date/ oh wait nevermind thing, they said they were working on other projects and something would come out soon.
I supported them, and when the whole thing came down, I was right there trying to find out what was happening. I gave them time to recover/ come up with something new, but well i think its been long enough to say that they gave up completely. neither mark or ryan have posted since june/ september, and deadaim now has all the functionality of AIM+ and then some, and if your to cheap to buy it you can find it other places free.
and so another deadaimer post. I have look at deadAIM 4.0 and I am sorry but it not worth the cost to me. It has it bugs and it support for the product is dismaul at best. But your post was pointless.
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
thecaptainjs

Post by thecaptainjs »

big-o-software still being a site is pointless as well, they dont do shit anymore. i was a hardcore AIM+ person for a while, i even stayed with them for maybe 6-9 months after they decided they werent going to release the 5.x compatible version after all my friends switched to other ones, in hopes that they would at least show that they were still alive.
what did they do? NOTHING
so talk about pointless and you have an entire site here.
I think its worse to string people along and then drop them. I would have much rather they start charging for AIM+ (that would have been the smart thing to do) insead of feading people false hopes and then leaving them to dry.
thecaptainjs

Post by thecaptainjs »

Timelessblur wrote:
and so another deadaimer post. I have look at deadAIM 4.0 and I am sorry but it not worth the cost to me. It has it bugs and it support for the product is dismaul at best. But your post was pointless.
and AIM+ is better?
5.x compatibility is shitty at best.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

thecaptainjs wrote:I supported them, and when the whole thing came down, I was right there trying to find out what was happening.
It is so good to know there are people like you who donated to them.

I wish there was more people like you.

Go away, as NO ONE cares for your self pitty.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
thecaptainjs

Post by thecaptainjs »

self pity?
I just want to know why big-0-software is still running,
its a lost cause from the way it seems. I dont give a rats ass about any $$ given to them, that was a long time ago.

What bothers me is that after all of this, they are just completely giving up, and not even bothering to give anyone a clue.

Maybe you know why they decided to give up on this site, but no one else does. I dont care if the program was free or not, it was VERY unprofessional.
thecaptainjs

Post by thecaptainjs »

phase, you dont happen to live anywhere near Hilton, NY do you?
harra
Veteran
Veteran

Post by harra »

I'm sorry, but Ryan doesn't owe anyone anything in the lines of an explanation. I'm sorry you feel that way, but he doesn't.

He abandoned a project that was occupying his time to spend more time on something called HIS JOB. I wish I could spend time on hobby projects like this. There are quite a few that are going on around me, but I don't have time. In 2003 I worked 3080 hours on programming code for my employer. Those who know a thing or two about Human Resources know that there are 2080 hours to be worked at 8 hours a day. Add into that equation the 2 hour commute (round-trip) I have each day and you come up the starting revelation that, "He doesn't see sunshine." I leave at 5am and am lucky to get home by 8PM.

My understanding is that this is not uncommon in the programming world, especially now that we have to justify reasons that our work doesn't get shipped off to some 3rd World country.

So in perspective, your desires to have an answer to why Big-O is not churning out product is miniscule in comparison to real-life
Ray

"Everybody needs friends. No one wishes to be without them. But never lose sight of the fact that it is your friends who will lead you along the paths that you will follow."
—Gordon B. Hinckley
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

thecaptainjs wrote:phase, you dont happen to live anywhere near Hilton, NY do you?
"thecaptain" thinks he is going to beat me up?? :roll:
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
thecaptainjs

Post by thecaptainjs »

christ... i asked if you lived by hilton cause I used to live there.
thecaptainjs

Post by thecaptainjs »

harra wrote:I'm sorry, but Ryan doesn't owe anyone anything in the lines of an explanation. I'm sorry you feel that way, but he doesn't.

He abandoned a project that was occupying his time to spend more time on something called HIS JOB. I wish I could spend time on hobby projects like this. There are quite a few that are going on around me, but I don't have time. In 2003 I worked 3080 hours on programming code for my employer. Those who know a thing or two about Human Resources know that there are 2080 hours to be worked at 8 hours a day. Add into that equation the 2 hour commute (round-trip) I have each day and you come up the starting revelation that, "He doesn't see sunshine." I leave at 5am and am lucky to get home by 8PM.

My understanding is that this is not uncommon in the programming world, especially now that we have to justify reasons that our work doesn't get shipped off to some 3rd World country.

So in perspective, your desires to have an answer to why Big-O is not churning out product is miniscule in comparison to real-life
thats fair enough what any person would do, and thanks for answering.

I would suggest that he change the home page to reflect this, saying that all projects are on hold or the like.
harra
Veteran
Veteran

Post by harra »

Sorry, Anthony is a little short tempered these days with posters on various boards making idle threats to fly to NY and give him an attitude adjustment.
Ray

"Everybody needs friends. No one wishes to be without them. But never lose sight of the fact that it is your friends who will lead you along the paths that you will follow."
—Gordon B. Hinckley
harra
Veteran
Veteran

Post by harra »

thecaptainjs wrote:I would suggest that he change the home page to reflect this, saying that all projects are on hold or the like.
One would assume that would be an easy thing to do, but if he is anything like me, he's lucky to turn on his PC at home and if he does, it is to check his e-mail. By the time you are trying to get to something productive you hear your significant other bellowing something along the lines,
"Honey, you spend all day on that things. Spend some time with me for a change"......lol
Ray

—Gordon B. Hinckley
thecaptainjs

Post by thecaptainjs »

harra wrote:Sorry, Anthony is a little short tempered these days with posters on various boards making idle threats to fly to NY and give him an attitude adjustment.
lol you serious? understandable then, id get sick of hearing that after a while. but i would find that threat priceless, id give them someone that i knows address and tell them to come on up,
thecaptainjs

Post by thecaptainjs »

harra wrote:
thecaptainjs wrote:I would suggest that he change the home page to reflect this, saying that all projects are on hold or the like.
One would assume that would be an easy thing to do, but if he is anything like me, he's lucky to turn on his PC at home and if he does, it is to check his e-mail. By the time you are trying to get to something productive you hear your significant other bellowing something along the lines,
"Honey, you spend all day on that things. Spend some time with me for a change"......lol
lol yea, i hear that, seems to be a popular line, and one that you are in trouble if you dont listen heh.

I guess for a while it was really frustrating, because after many of my friends had given up hope on this site, i was still saying that they will come through. I liked AIM+ better then the rest at the time. People move on, I had just hoped that they would have released a 5.x version before moving on.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

thecaptainjs wrote:
harra wrote:Sorry, Anthony is a little short tempered these days with posters on various boards making idle threats to fly to NY and give him an attitude adjustment.
lol you serious? understandable then, id get sick of hearing that after a while. but i would find that threat priceless, id give them someone that i knows address and tell them to come on up,
Why do that when you know friends that could almost any two people up and not break a sweat?
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ