Questions for Big-O Software

Chat with the members of the Big-O team.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, Matt

Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Questions for Big-O Software

Post by Big-O Mark »

Please post any questions you would like answered in this thread. We will do our best to answer as many questions as possible during the chat. Answers (along with a repost of the question) will be posted in the Answers thread, here:

http://discuss.big-o-software.com/viewtopic.php?t=2265
Last edited by Big-O Mark on Tue Dec 17, 2002 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Mark
Big-O Software
tone
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by tone »

What i was wondering is why did you wait all the way until the 11th to shut down the site then come back and tell us it was messed up? and if you need any help on the site or anything i can help you out....i know you prolly dont but the offer is always out there =]
tone
Blade311
Just Registered
Just Registered

Consider your fans

Post by Blade311 »

Why not as a courtesy release an AIM+ that is AIM 5.x compliant. If you alreay have it completed you should let all of your loyal fans enjoy it. All of us have supported you from the beginning and to get our hopes up by giving us false dreams of a release and then dropping AIM+ all together just doesn't seem fair to your fans. What would it hurt to release it. These so called "Harrassers" can't do any more damage if you release the program you've already completed. So why not just do all your fans a Big-O favor and release AIM+ 3.0? Please consider it.
Cards

Post by Cards »

Is all the secrecy about what's going on due to legal reasons?
ZildjianB

Questions

Post by ZildjianB »

First, thanks for taking time to answer everyone's questions. I hope no one was permanently harmed by the harassment that has taken place.

Questions:

(1) Can you disclose any more details regarding the harassment/events that led to the indefinite postponement of AIM+ 3.0?

(2) What is the possibility of future AIM+ releases if the harassment ceases?

(3) If there is absolutely no chance of future AIM+ releases, could you release the source code or compile a tutorial (“How To” guide) that would aid aspiring programmers attempting to edit AIM?

Thanks.
a big sombrero
Addict
Addict

Post by a big sombrero »

Can you tell us who is behind the 'attacks' and threats?

Also, what would happen if you did release 3.0? lawsuits? hacked site?
PsykoGuitarist

Post by PsykoGuitarist »

I don't really have a question, I just know that if you released AIM+ 3.0 it would make a lot of people happier. Could you put in detail why you won't release it?
reoplex
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by reoplex »

I totally support you guys, I know how it feels. I've been through that and it's not easy to recover. I hate those guys who just talk trash and dont really know what's going on.

But my question is. Is there anything we (your fans) can do to help, maybe there is someway those who attacked you guys will get some kind of punishment. And maybe we can help.
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

If the source does get released, are you guys gonna pass the torch onto somebody else, or is it gonne be come as open-source as Ogg-Vorbis?
ITALY69

theories...

Post by ITALY69 »

there are many conspiracy theorys out there...i was wondering if you could clear some of them up...
1. AOL has some sort of law suit against you (for add removal, editing copyrighted software, etc.)
2. Hackers closed down the site (possibly the same ones that harrassad you)
3. You guys plain old tricked us (i knwo this isnt true but for the ppl who dont know you)
4. Your lives were in danger if 3.0 was released
5. competators (deadaim, myaim, etc.) were the harrassers
6. no info is being released due to a pending investigation/lawsuit
7. the whole thing was a fake...hence the errors with the mysql errors..
i know some of these aren't true(#1, #3), but it would be nice to be reasured. and would u mind letting us know how sever the harassers were, and if there were threats involved
Last edited by ITALY69 on Tue Dec 17, 2002 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just cause your not italian doesnt mean ur useless...well not completley at least
Funky Monkey
Just Registered
Just Registered

Reason

Post by Funky Monkey »

Your safety and health is above all the most important....bottom line. But i believe if you are actually able to, you should tell your supporters specifically why you can't release it? If not we will understand, as we have already. Thanks again for your work on Aim+ and maybe...just maybe future work? :D
"Anime Sana In Corpere Sano"
PsykoGuitarist

Post by PsykoGuitarist »

Is there a way to hex edit to make AIM+ 2.2.1 AIM 5.0 compatable?
CowboyCowden12

Post by CowboyCowden12 »

So it has been determined that AIM+ will come out in the future? This is for sure?...we just do not know when?

....is this correct?
"Do you want me to get naked and start the revolution?" - Jack Black (Orange County)
bigWhatever
Just Registered
Just Registered

WHy NOT

Post by bigWhatever »

As you have have put out comments about nothing having time with this project and so on, it seems very strange why not just release the source so people can take your project to the next level. If this has been all about a free software that stands out to be such a killer-app why kill it with you when you can let others who have the time work on it and that way so much more good would come out of it.???

2nd part..
You claim that you might in some time release an update, well to me it seems strange that you talk about time being an issue but still manage to chat and be on the forum all the time.!
MCaussade9
Just Registered
Just Registered

if there's no AIM+ to work with AIM 5.x....

Post by MCaussade9 »

If there isnt any plans for any kind of release of an AIM+ compatible with 5.x then what do you recommend that your local AIM+ users do? Should we wait and stick with 4.8 and yur current version and never upgrade or just try out an alternative add on which basically dont compare to AIM+ anyway? :sad: