Answers from Big-O Software

Chat with the members of the Big-O team.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, Matt

Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

bigWhatever wrote: If this has been all about a free software that stands out to be such a killer-app why kill it with you when you can let others who have the time work on it and that way so much more good would come out of it.???

2nd part..You claim that you might in some time release an update, well to me it seems strange that you talk about time being an issue but still manage to chat and be on the forum all the time.!
Open source and passing the AIM+ torch have been previously discussed here, so just scroll up and you'll find the answers :).

Time IS an issue for both Ryan and myself. First, we before any of this happend, we added moderators to the forums to help lighten our load. Second, because we're not working on AIM+, we do have more time, hence our currently high amount of time spent on the forums and chatting. Finally, we felt it very important to respond to the concerns of the fans who just want to know what's going on and why. We didn't want to leave them completely in the dark on this issue, spending time with them like this is the least we can do.
-Mark
Big-O Software
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

jag2004 wrote:Is not releasing AIM+3 really helping the situation right now? Are they still attacking you? I still think you're overreacting a bit, especially if they're only internet based attacks.
It's too early to tell. Unfortunately they're not only internet based attacks :(.
-Mark
Big-O Software
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

hammer86 wrote:You have stated previously that you plan to come out with other programs in the future. Why is only AIM+3 affected by these malicious people? How do you know that you will not be threatened once you release other programs? I guess I'm just trying to figure out why your upcoming programs won't be subjected to the same kind of harrassment as was directed towards AIM+
AIM+ has always been a very attractive target for troublemakers. I'm can't really venture a guess as to why, exactly, but I've always suspected that it is more than simply it's popularity -- maybe the fact that almost everybody (young and old, mean and nice, etc) uses AIM (or something similar).

At this point AIM+ defines Big-O Software to most people. In the future, I hope that not to be the case (not that I don't want AIM+ to represent us, just that I hope people will also take a strong interest in our other projects). This will probably change things significantly.

If nothing else, hopefully we can be better prepared in the future..
-Ryan
Big-O Software
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

CowboyCowden12 wrote:So it has been determined that AIM+ will come out in the future? This is for sure?...we just do not know when?

....is this correct?
As of now, we have no intention to release new versions of AIM+. We are considering supporting the current version with bugfixes. Also, it is possible that we may be releasing an update including AIM 5.x compatability, but this has not definitely been determined.
-Mark
Big-O Software