Rapidly Rising Online Games

Books, Movies, Music, TV, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, DADINK13, fuuucckkers

businessguy6
Just Registered
Just Registered

Rapidly Rising Online Games

Post by businessguy6 »

These online games keep getting better and better to the point where they rival cdrom games. Check this puppy out Outwar I heart it :D
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

Yahoo recently did something called Games on Demand.. The only one I've seen advertised is Civilization 3. (No CD needed)

The only bad part, is you have to download it every single time you want to play..the download gets temporarily cached...not saved to the HDD..hence the download every time. And the obvious of having a Broadband internet connection.
And you have to pay so much anywhere from $10-15 a month..depending on how many games you want to be allowed to play each month.
Heres a link on some more:
http://gamesondemand.yahoo.com/play
ZildjianB

Post by ZildjianB »

I recommend America's Army Operations -- a free FPS developed by the US Army for "recruiting" purposes. The initial download is pretty big (290MB), but after that all you have to do is setup an account and play away. After completing Basic Training the rest of the game takes place online against human opponents. It's a great game, and they are constantly updating it with bug fixes and new features. A Broadband connection is highly recommended. Click the link above and give it a try.

WARNING: Very Addictive!!
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

ZildjianB wrote:I recommend America's Army Operations -- a free FPS developed by the US Army for "recruiting" purposes. The initial download is pretty big (290MB), but after that all you have to do is setup an account and play away. After completing Basic Training the rest of the game takes place online against human opponents. It's a great game, and they are constantly updating it with bug fixes and new features. A Broadband connection is highly recommended. Click the link above and give it a try.

I have this game as well...although not installed since my last format. Your mentioning it makes me want to play again.

You dont have to download the game. If you goto any Army Recruiting office, they have CD's for free.. Go and pick one up.
ZildjianB

Post by ZildjianB »

xWastedMindx wrote:
ZildjianB wrote:I recommend America's Army Operations -- a free FPS developed by the US Army for "recruiting" purposes. The initial download is pretty big (290MB), but after that all you have to do is setup an account and play away. After completing Basic Training the rest of the game takes place online against human opponents. It's a great game, and they are constantly updating it with bug fixes and new features. A Broadband connection is highly recommended. Click the link above and give it a try.

I have this game as well...although not installed since my last format. Your mentioning it makes me want to play again.

You dont have to download the game. If you goto any Army Recruiting office, they have CD's for free.. Go and pick one up.
Yeah, I can't get enough of this game. Another great "bonus" is that you can track your overall rank online at CSports. I'm currently ranked 9,000 something out of over 118,000 ranked players 8).