AIM + crashing bug ?

Report problems you've had using AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Shylock191
Just Registered
Just Registered

AIM + crashing bug ?

Post by Shylock191 »

i have a problem where when running aim+ i go right click on a buddy's name to check there info. if i click anywhere on the box besides the close button the window and all of AIM+ crash. if i press an arrow key to scroll in the windows the program does that crash and i am able to click it. this also happens sometimes when i am chatting in one window, get messaged by someone and without having highlighted the windows click on it.

anyone got any ideas/experienced this too.

im running winxp pro without sp1.
fuuucckkers

Re: AIM + crashing bug ?

Post by fuuucckkers »

Shylock191 wrote:i have a problem where when running aim+ i go right click on a buddy's name to check there info. if i click anywhere on the box besides the close button the window and all of AIM+ crash. if i press an arrow key to scroll in the windows the program does that crash and i am able to click it. this also happens sometimes when i am chatting in one window, get messaged by someone and without having highlighted the windows click on it.

anyone got any ideas/experienced this too.

im running winxp pro without sp1.
Are your running AIM v5 ? Or version 4.8 or earlier??

AIM+ should run stable under 4.8 or earlier.. unfortunately AIM+ does NOT work with v5 (and probably never will)
Shylock191
Just Registered
Just Registered

Re: AIM + crashing bug ?

Post by Shylock191 »

xWastedMindx wrote:
Are your running AIM v5 ? Or version 4.8 or earlier??

AIM+ should run stable under 4.8 or earlier.. unfortunately AIM+ does NOT work with v5 (and probably never will)
aim 4.8.2790
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

It could just be a problem with AIM. When I sign on with one of my screennames, it's completely messed up. When I sign on with another, it works just fine.
perrytheprez
Addict
Addict

Post by perrytheprez »

ive never had that problem either. maybe u should try runnin AIM without AIM+, and see if it does it.
J.P.
Shylock191
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by Shylock191 »

perrytheprez wrote:ive never had that problem either. maybe u should try runnin AIM without AIM+, and see if it does it.
yeah i have tried this and it worked just fine. but i'd rather have an aim+ that crashes then just AIM.