IM Forwarding
Send IMs to Mobile Phones

http://www.aim.com/get_aim/win/win_beta.adp
http://ftp.newaol.com/aimgen/73010/Install...IM_5.2.3074.exe
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

Hey, IM Forwarding is actually a pretty cool feature!
-Ryan
Big-O Software
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

Too bad the IM Forwarding will only forward to a cell phone, and not to email ... that would have been sweet! Sending IMs to cell phones is an awesome feature addition for AIM, though.
-Mark
Big-O Software
tone
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by tone »

yeah that is cool, how do you get aim installed on a cell, i know my friend has it but i dont know she got it on there
tone
nybbles
Addict
Addict

Post by nybbles »

Big-O Mark wrote:Too bad the IM Forwarding will only forward to a cell phone, and not to email ... that would have been sweet! Sending IMs to cell phones is an awesome feature addition for AIM, though.
I agree. Though I also wish we could send it to email, cuz I don't have a cell phone, but my roommate does, and this is a great way for us to be able to contact each other when we can't get in touch otherwise.
Violinist, Composer, and Technology Hobbyist
Music Performance Major Penn State University
Sverdlove.com/MusicalHorizon.com "Site Admin"
http://www.sverdlove.com
http://www.musicalhorizon.com
aaii
Addict
Addict

Post by aaii »

They are probably making use of the text message gateway that ICQ has had for years.
nunubutt
Addict
Addict

Post by nunubutt »

i bet theres gonna be some law suits about using each others text gate ways pretty soon hhah
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

nunubutt wrote:i bet theres gonna be some law suits about using each others text gate ways pretty soon hhah
AIM and ICQ are the same company :-?

theres not gonna be any lawsuites as long as they stick to their own like they are............. but then again 'their own' is growing big and quick

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
Dice599
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Dice599 »

Plasma2002b wrote:
nunubutt wrote:i bet theres gonna be some law suits about using each others text gate ways pretty soon hhah

theres not gonna be any lawsuites as long as they stick to their own like they are............. but then again 'their own' is growing big and quick
yup, while AOL was on there way gobbling up every company they can, they got ICQ.
Official Beta Tester
ExploreAnywhere Software, LLC

There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

Dice599 wrote:
Plasma2002b wrote:

yup, while AOL was on there way gobbling up every company they can, they got ICQ.
You all speak as if this happened yesterday. ICQ was originally a Israel based company..and they were bought out by AOL back in 1998. It's old news to me .. :)
Dice599
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Dice599 »

xWastedMindx wrote:
Dice599 wrote:
Plasma2002b wrote: AIM and ICQ are the same company :-?

You all speak as if this happened yesterday. ICQ was originally a Israel based company..and they were bought out by AOL back in 1998. It's old news to me .. :)
I said nothing of AOL just starting to gobble up companies recently.
Official Beta Tester

There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.
bill
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by bill »

Uhhh, where do you go to register for the IM forwarding, I think I am blind because I don't see it.
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

bill wrote:Uhhh, where do you go to register for the IM forwarding, I think I am blind because I don't see it.
To go the 'My AIM' dropdown menu on the buddy list window, 'Edit Options,' and then 'Edit Preferences.' From the preferences menu, choose 'IM/Chat' and in the bottom row there is a button labeled 'IM Fowarding.' Just click it and you'll be taken to an AIM website to set up your message fowarding service.
-Mark
Big-O Software
Dice599
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Dice599 »

Big-O Mark wrote:
bill wrote:Uhhh, where do you go to register for the IM forwarding, I think I am blind because I don't see it.
To go the 'My AIM' dropdown menu on the buddy list window, 'Edit Options,' and then 'Edit Preferences.' From the preferences menu, choose 'IM/Chat' and in the bottom row there is a button labeled 'IM Fowarding.' Just click it and you'll be taken to an AIM website to set up your message fowarding service.
Mark are you running the new version? I figured you would stick w/ 4.8.x for AIM+ to be fully functional.
Official Beta Tester

Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

Dice599 wrote:Mark are you running the new version? I figured you would stick w/ 4.8.x for AIM+ to be fully functional.
I've been keeping up with the latest AIM releases for a few months now. I held out with the final 4.8 release for a long time, but I didn't want to get stuck in the past forever :).
-Mark
Big-O Software