Multiple- or Single- Instance History Viewer?

Request features that you'd like to see in future versions of AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Should opening the History Viewer repeatedly open multiple history windows, or re-use the same one?

Only one at a time
14%
One for each instance (clone) of AIM+
29%
As many as I'd like
57%

Total votes: 7

Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Multiple- or Single- Instance History Viewer?

Post by Big-O Ryan »

I prefer the flexibility of having as many history viewers as you like open at once, but some people think it would feel more conventional to limit it to one history viewer (and, like the AIM+ Preferences screen, if you chose "AIM+ History" or launched it again, it would simply bring the currently running one up to the front).

What do you think?

PS - this doesn't have much to do with multiple instances of AIM, really. All I'm talking about is clicking on the "History" option of AIM+ repeatedly, and either opening one window for each click, or opening one and just re-using it for each click.
-Ryan
Big-O Software
B|ackWo|f

Post by B|ackWo|f »

I think it would be nice to allow more then one to be open, but I don't think it is completely necessary. The browser is so easy to navigate that it's simple enough just to skip between User/Buddy/Date. But it would be nice to have 2 if you needed to compare something, etc...

just my 2 cents :)
xXMaximumBassXx

Post by xXMaximumBassXx »

I think it would be nice to have one history viewr for each name online... which would probably be the same as one for every clone. multiple history viewers would probably take care of this... like him ^^^ just my two cents. keep up the great work Ryan. thanx :wink: