Whats the best video game console?

Discuss video games from NES to PS2 to PC to whatever.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, DADINK13, fuuucckkers

The best video game console

Playstation 2
40%
Game Cube
15%
X-Box
25%
Originals (N64, PS1, etc.)
5%
Others
15%

Total votes: 20

Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

Big-O Mark wrote:
idejsecrofkrad wrote:N64 and PS1 are not originals. I love my 8-bit Nintendo and Atari 5200!
I was just about to say something along those lines :). I have an 8-bit NES and an Atari system with no number!
What is an "Atari system with no number"?
-Ryan
Big-O Software
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

Big-O Ryan wrote:
Big-O Mark wrote:I was just about to say something along those lines :). I have an 8-bit NES and an Atari system with no number!
No 2600, etc. on the system ...
-Mark
Big-O Software
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

Big-O Mark wrote:
Big-O Ryan wrote:
Big-O Mark wrote:I was just about to say something along those lines :). I have an 8-bit NES and an Atari system with no number!
Is it a pong machine? I thought the 2600 was the first one!

Show us pictures. :)
-Ryan
Big-O Software
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

Big-O Ryan wrote:
Big-O Mark wrote:
Big-O Ryan wrote: What is an "Atari system with no number"?

It's in a box in my attic in New Jersey! I don't think I'll be able to get any pictures for you :).
-Mark
Big-O Software
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

Big-O Mark wrote:
Big-O Ryan wrote:
Big-O Mark wrote: No 2600, etc. on the system ...

It's in a box in my attic in New Jersey! I don't think I'll be able to get any pictures for you :).
Just find some on the internet, foo!
-Ryan
Big-O Software
skudz
Addict
Addict

Post by skudz »

ZildjianB hasnt responded to my posts favoring ps2 and not xbox.
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

Did anyone notice the topic's title is misspelled? It says concole instead of console...
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

idejsecrofkrad wrote:Did anyone notice the topic's title is misspelled? It says concole instead of console...
Yea, I realized that a long time ago. I think we need a mod in here to fix that.. :-?
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

You know to get to the point on the games and favor systems. Me I love the SNES because it started the megaman X series. I also has the old school NES which got me hook on megaman in the first place. I like the ps1 for megaman X and the racing games. Sony had the first true great racing game and it was call Grand trosimo. That game was great. now to my really point

I like a system based of the games as some else said if the games suck then it does not matter how good the system is....

Xbox - I like the controlers
The games for xbox were made for a young adult and adults. The xbox rules when it comes to making the fighting games and first person shooter games. If that what you like go xbox

PS2 -- I also like the controls and that you can play the PS1 games on it.
This systems has the best RPGs on it. Like crono triger, Final Fanstys and so forth. They also have Megaman X7 coming out for it which gives it a lot more points in my book (if you can not tell I a huge megaman fan).

Game Cube - I like the controls the leasts.
Ok Game cubes are for the people who like the old nintendo games. They basicly made a new verson of all the great games from the NES and SNES. You have metroid, Smash bothers (on of the greats games ever), Star fox, mario, and they have the old sega games like sonic.

Gameboy Advc- I love my gameboy adv.
Ok Nindido rules the market when it comes to this portible gaming things. The gameboy adv is making a lot of games from SNES on it. They have MEGAMAN GAMES (The main reason I got one). MegamanZero is great.

I firgure i clear that Up for you. but of my choices I like Xbox and PS2. My person bets is Xbox is just going to keep getting better because of how easy it is to make games for it and it raw power. PS2 will hold it fans and always run the RPG market of people. Lastly I beting nintendo is problely pull out of the game system market. I hoping the stick with the proble games systems and still make games. But to Face the facts it just hard to compete agains the multibillon dollar company of Microsoft and Sony. Can though so much more money to put in to game systems than nintindo can. I think it would be a great loose is nintindo left the market it.
Last edited by Timelessblur on Sun Jan 05, 2003 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

Timelessblurr wrote:This systems has the best RPGs on it. Like crono triger, Final Fanstys and so forth. They also have Megaman X7 coming out for it which gives it a lot more points in my book (if you can not tell I a huge megaman fan).
If I remember correctly, Chrono Trigger was on Super Nintendo. Chrono Cross was on PSone.

And speaking of typos and misspellings..I could barely read your post dude! :lol:
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

yeah I reliezed that after I posted it. but you got the idea on crono
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

DADINK13 wrote:
Timelessblurr wrote:This systems has the best RPGs on it. Like crono triger, Final Fanstys and so forth. They also have Megaman X7 coming out for it which gives it a lot more points in my book (if you can not tell I a huge megaman fan).
If I remember correctly, Chrono Trigger was on Super Nintendo. Chrono Cross was on PSone.

And speaking of typos and misspellings..I could barely read your post dude! :lol:
Actually Chrono Trigger was also on the PS1, along with Final Fantasy 3, and FF4 (FF4 was never released to the US)
All 3 games were release into a bundle pack called Final Fantasy Chronicles.
Matt

Post by Matt »

DADINK13 wrote:
idejsecrofkrad wrote:Did anyone notice the topic's title is misspelled? It says concole instead of console...
Yea, I realized that a long time ago. I think we need a mod in here to fix that.. :-?
Yea...I'll fix it
-Matt
Timelessblur wrote:I only know 4 langueges. Engish, Band Engish, Really bad Engish and Timelessblurain
ZildjianB

Post by ZildjianB »

skudz wrote:ZildjianB hasnt responded to my posts favoring ps2 and not xbox.
Sorry, I did not think a response was warranted. You are as entitled to your opinion as I am mine. I was simply attempting to list some facts illustrating the differences between the consoles since there is (still) a lot of confusion as to what each is capable of.

But, if you insist on a response, here it is:
skudz wrote:PFFFT!!! what good games do they have? Halo and Splinter cell? i dontr like any of their sports games compared to PS2, ps2 sports are A LOT better.
All of the consoles currently available have plenty of great games. In fact, several of the systems share titles (including several sports titles). I could give my opinion on great XBOX games, but that would be pointless since everyone has different tastes. Feel free to look around the net for reviews and info if you're truly interested in finding XBOX games you would enjoy. I would suggest starting on the XBOX Website to see a listing of the available games, or a site that reviews games for all the consoles, such as IGN.
skudz wrote:and how can the XBOX have better graphics? GC PS2 and XBOX all are 128-bit systems.
Well, actually all the systems are not 128-bit. PS2 has a 128-bit CPU, XBOX has a 32-bit CPU, and GameCube has either a 32-bit or 64-bit CPU (I forget which). Basically, "bits" can no longer be used to determine console performance. Here is a pretty good link I found explaining the reasoning behind this: link. Also, if you want to see the differences in hardware performance between the 3 consoles, look at the table on this page: link. Take a look for yourself; it is a fact that the XBOX has the capability for the best graphics and performance out of the three consoles.
skudz wrote:Also, XBOX is so damn big, and what year is it? since its microsoft it should be the size of agamecube atleast...

The XBOX is about the size of a VCR. I really do not see this as a drawback. I am more interested in a console's performance and games than I am its size, or whether I can stand it up vertically.
skudz wrote:and those controllers are so damn bulky.
I hear this complaint about the XBOX controllers all the time, and it almost always originates from someone who has never actually used the controller for a reasonable amount of time, or has child-like hands (you know what they say about guys with small hands, don't you :o). I have never had a problem with the size of the standard XBOX controller. I find the XBOX controller extremely comfortable and have never gotten a blister or cramped hands using it (and I have spent way too much time playing games on the XBOX). Young children, and women and men with small hands may be more comfortable with one of the several smaller XBOX controllers that are available if they do not like the standard controller.
skudz wrote:
ZildjianB wrote:Splinter Cell is sweet. No need to port it to PS2... it's already on the best console.
you cant tell because its everyones opinin against another... i would like to see it on ps2. even if u think xbox is the better system or not, thats no reason to not make it on gc or ps2.
Ubisoft (the developers of Splinter Cell) have ported it from the XBOX to the PC and are releasing it on January 21st. I believe that Ubisoft and Microsoft had an agreement that Splinter Cell would be exclusively on the XBOX until the end of 2002, so you may see a port to PS2 and GameCube sometime in 2003. I am interested to see how the other consoles handle the game’s graphics (especially the lighting), but I do not think they will be able to reproduce the quality demonstrated on the XBOX.
skudz wrote:well atleast sony had the dvd playback alrdy in it, which was still a hassle, and both systems require purchase of updated or dvd playback. but sony ps2 memory cards are not $25, thats if you get the sony brand, you can find them a lot cheaper.
Thanks for the price update.
skudz wrote:i dont see why you have the "have to buy a remote and ir receiever seperate" as a downside to ps2 and dvd, when the xbox requires you to buy a remote and dvd compatibility.
I was not mentioning the purchase of a "remote and ir receiver" as a "downside" for the PS2. Rather, I was attempting to illustrate that you have to make similar purchases for both systems to get an "equal" level of playback. By equal I mean a game console that plays DVDs and also has a remote to control DVD playback. Graphics, sound quality, and overall DVD playback performance are another story, which I addressed in my previous post.
skudz wrote:
ZildjianB wrote:In my opinion, the two systems seem about even with the additional costs associated with DVD playback. Keep in mind that both systems were developed first as game consoles, with DVD playback considered “icing on the cake.”
Correction: PS2 was the first with DVD playback, PS2 was the first to "ice the cake".
I am not sure you completely understood what I meant in my previous post. I certainly do not understand what you are trying to "correct." Perhaps this will clarify what I wrote: When Sony developed the PS2 their goal was to create a Game Console that could also play DVDs, not a DVD Player that could also play Games. DVD Playback is an added bonus (ie- Icing on the Cake) on both the PS2 and the XBOX. Yes, Sony was the first to "ice the cake" in this context; I never claimed differently. Is anyone else getting hungry? :)
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

on the controls some said they did not like the xbox controls. I have to say when I first started to play the xbox I hated the controls. Hell I though PS controls suck the first few time I used them. after I got used to them I like Xbox controls the most.

Xbox was made for a old group of people so they mad there controls a larger than the others so they woudl fit in our hands better. They do make smaller controls that you can buy. Me I hate those controls because my hands to big to us the bottom with getting crams

PS controls I like 2. I though how they did the buttoms were very well done. I like have the 4 bottoms on the top because when you have to do more than on button at time it easy to hit like x- L2 and so forth. so I have a habit with ps to most most of my 2 and 3 bottom things I hit though out the game to thouse buttom. LIke in megaman games I put the dash and Giga attacks up there. also I have one of the larger ps controls to be more confutible in my hands.

Game cube. I sorry to say the controls a little small for my hand. I not saying that there are not great games or the control set up is not great it just there a little small for my taste. But like the other 2 complans they made there control for there a tagets. They could not go as large as Sony and Xbox because they made a lot of games for younger kids.

All 3 systems are great in there own way.