buddy icon rotator

Request features that you'd like to see in future versions of AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

yorickjts

buddy icon rotator

Post by yorickjts »

from time to time i go online to find a new buddy icon. there are so many good ones that i wish i could use them all sometimes. if aim+ could rotate i think i could love this program 10x as much as i do already.

o... and i really like the concept of msn IM style alerts.....
sn0n
Addict
Addict

Post by sn0n »

sounds.. different.. :-) nice idea thou
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

I think this would rock, and is probably quite feasible.

I hope I get a chance to look into it soon :)
-Ryan
Big-O Software
iSteve530
Addict
Addict

Post by iSteve530 »

never thought about it before, but I definetely would use this feature.
fuuucckkers

Re: buddy icon rotator

Post by fuuucckkers »

yorickjts wrote:from time to time i go online to find a new buddy icon. there are so many good ones that i wish i could use them all sometimes. if aim+ could rotate i think i could love this program 10x as much as i do already.
I dug this post up ..and thought it's a good idea, and re-introduce it to all who are new..

But this I would like to see. I as well have many icons I would like to use, and can only use one. Make them rotate or something.. like at every sign on, or every 24 hours.
tone
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by tone »

i think i remember some one posting that there was a program that did this....if there is one it would probably be on the site www.aimfilez.com i will look and if i can find the program i will post it
tone
lunatic
Addict
Addict

Post by lunatic »

t0ne wrote:i think i remember some one posting that there was a program that did this....if there is one it would probably be on the site www.aimfilez.com i will look and if i can find the program i will post it
even though i would d/l it... it would be really good if dis program(if it still exists) was kinna merged wit aim+ den it would make it a lot easier... 8)

~1~
~LuNaTiC~
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

www.originalicons.com has a link to a program that does this under their aim tricks heading... or it did at one time... cant seem to find it now.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
BomBoi

Post by BomBoi »

what is the actual use of rotating just use adobe photoshop and custom the pic thats what i do :D
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

BomBoi wrote:what is the actual use of rotating just use adobe photoshop and custom the pic thats what i do :lol:
Nice. :)
-Ryan
Big-O Software
[]DaT_MaNN03
Veteran
Veteran

Post by []DaT_MaNN03 »

ya but wut if u want moving icons rotated b/c then there would be a reason to have this option

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

oh my gosh they is red
Hi! I'm a signature virus! copy me into your signature file to help me spread!

"NeVer Argue with an Idiot they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience!"
Matt

Post by Matt »

or you could go to some gif animation shop website (i know at least one is listed on this site) and animate the icon with all the different buddy icons that you like and store it into one image. (i think that those web sites do animated icons and such)
-Matt
Timelessblur wrote:I only know 4 langueges. Engish, Band Engish, Really bad Engish and Timelessblurain
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

Well, the size restrictions on the buddy icon won't really allow too much of that.
-Ryan
Big-O Software
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

Big-O Ryan wrote:Well, the size restrictions on the buddy icon won't really allow too much of that.
I dunno. I had an icon that was really four. And it had some cool transition effects in between. It was like 30-40 frames, 16 colors, just under 7kb.
ShadowSpirit12

Post by ShadowSpirit12 »

I found the link for the Icon Rotate program. aclauser was correct in that it was linked from originalicons.com. http://www.gigahosts.com/~c1003/aimicons/buddytools.php There is one snag. I"m not sure about everyone else, but it's not working for me. I get a: Run-time error '91'. I'm using Windows XP, but maybe it works on other OS's. Also, I'm a bit skeptical on how compatible it is with AIM+.
Last edited by ShadowSpirit12 on Wed Nov 13, 2002 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.