Big-? Software to start charging

Website stuff

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Big-? Software to start charging

Post by Guest »

Hey! You've made it obvious that you will start charging since the "0" turned to a "?" recently. I just hope you aren't doing what TGTSoft did with StyleXP by saying "whoops, this is shareware and it will expire, now pay up so you can keep using it!" All I ask is that you don't start charging us for versions without telling us when we download it.

Also, when you do start charging, people that donated in the past should get a free copy!

Thanks!
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

We have no plans at this time to charge for any of the programs available here. The name "Big-O" has nothing to do with the price of the AIM+, hkSFV, or anything else. You have AIM+, you didn't pay for it, it's free ...

And why on earth would we try to trick someone into downloading a "free" program only to have it secretly disable itself after a short trial period and ask for some money? That's probably one of the silliest things I've ever heard.
-Mark
Big-O Software
sn0n
Addict
Addict

Post by sn0n »

Anonymous... also.. tgtsoft has a freeware uxtheme.dll patch
which imho is ten times better then there pos software.. :-D
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Free software is a gift.

Post by Big-O Ryan »

[ I don't have anything to say that Mookie didn't already say, but I thought people might want to hear from both of us on this one. ]

Anon: Your interpretation of the name change was awesome, I was certainly impressed! In reality, though, what Mookie said is true - the name Big-O was never meant to correlate with the cost of the products.. There is another thread in this forum which concerns the name change.

I can promise you that the current version of AIM+ is free, and will remain so indefinitely.

Don't worry so much. But if you really enjoy worrying, I encourage you to check out other threads in this forum, starting with "AIM+ = Virus?" (http://big-o-software.com/software/phpB ... c.php?t=20).
-Ryan
Big-O Software
iSteve530
Addict
Addict

Post by iSteve530 »

not sure how long ago it changed back, but the Big O is back!
BomBoi

Post by BomBoi »

No don't start to charge people , Keep it free :D
The 2489th member to join !
AMD 1.1 ghz
384 ram
40 gig
GForce 2 mx (32m)
Aureal Vortex 2