SKINS!

Request features that you'd like to see in future versions of AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

nycto

SKINS!

Post by nycto »

i guess like icq+....skinable aim would be the ish.
iSteve530
Addict
Addict

Post by iSteve530 »

skins only make stuff go slower, no matter how fast the system is. I myself could care less about skins. If you want easy skins get WinXP! :-?
xXMaximumBassXx

Post by xXMaximumBassXx »

I agree with him... skins only slow things down. use somthing like stylexp in wxp and just skin everything without using any extra resources. :wink:
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

I'm not all about skins myself, but if it's possible to add as an OPTION, it's not a bad idea. You could keep AIM how it is, with whatever advantages and disadvantages this setup has, or you could skin it how you like, possibly slowing stuff down.
-Mark
Big-O Software
sn0n
Addict
Addict

Post by sn0n »

::chants:: Skin Skin Skin Skin Skin ::/chants::
eagles4031wings
Just Registered
Just Registered

skins

Post by eagles4031wings »

i think it would be nice to be able to skin aim, tho nothing to complicated, something that's easy enough for average users to make there own skins, or maybe it can use really simple and complex, i don't know, somene else can say something about that...it may slow the system down a bit, but i think there r plenty of people that would appreciate being able to skin it, and so long as it's an option and people don't have to if they don't want to, no prob...i mean, aim+ is supposed to give people the freedom to customize aim they way they want...tho, personally, i think some of the other features ought to be dealt w/ first as more people seem concerned w/ them, but i think the ability to skin aim should eventually be added to aim+
SpOoN

Post by SpOoN »

I think we should have AIM+ skinable, and for those who wish to not put a skin on their AIM+ because it might slow them down, do not put a skin on it then. For those who would like to add a skin, add away. It is a nice feature to have on AIM+ and would make it a whole lot better if we had this feature. It's only a option for some, you do not have to do it, but having AIM+ skinable kicks ass. I do not know if the regular AIM is skinable, is it? Anyways make AIM+ skinable Big-O's!

-SpOoN ouT
GigaRoc
Addict
Addict

Post by GigaRoc »

skins are deffinatly a cool idea at least be able to change the colors of the AIM buddy list window
SAVE ME GOD - disturbed
USDSkater741
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by USDSkater741 »

I think skins would be a great idea, and if you think it will slow you down, you don't need to download them. Also, I think that the transparency thing should try and adapt to all systems, especially Windows ME.
Thyme
Addict
Addict

Post by Thyme »

I think if you want to make things look pretty, get AIM5, but I'd personally rather have Big-O concentrating on other features.
Puns don't kill people. People kill people... usually with guns, knives, or something else physically threatening... puns just don't quite cut it... unlike knives, which cut a lot of things...
Punny Buddy Icons: assbuddy.tk
falloutboy113
Just Registered
Just Registered

Skins :D

Post by falloutboy113 »

I like the idea of skins almost like winamp and you should have a choice wether you want Skins or not.If your worried about speed,it dont take too mutch speed not enough to make it SLOW,and it will atract alot of people to use the program.
I hope you take intrest in the Skins idea. :D
S.N. Falloutboy113[color=blue][/color]
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

skins suck.

am i the only one here that thinks so? Skins add bad looks usually and confuse you with the layout from wat ur used to and the really do slow ya down. Personally, i like just the default layout of all my stuff... i dont like having to get used to a whole new thing everytime i change skins

My Opinion... screw the skins and work on the important stuff...

lol

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
a big sombrero
Addict
Addict

Post by a big sombrero »

screw the skins, but it would be nice to change the color of your buddy list, away from the typical white
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

a big sombrero wrote:screw the skins, but it would be nice to change the color of your buddy list, away from the typical white
lol, yea.. i guess that would be kinda cool

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
Mannyjv

Post by Mannyjv »

I agree with spoon; Skins would brighten up the place a bit. If you don't like them don't use them.
All's fair in love and war.