Clone Identification in the System Tray

Request features that you'd like to see in future versions of AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

JoePits
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by JoePits »

Maybe use the screen name's buddy icon as the system tray icon?
xpsypiex

Post by xpsypiex »

it could look something like this...

Image to --> Image

jOHN
nunubutt
Addict
Addict

Post by nunubutt »

Hm... Thats usuful, maybe we could just use a random color for a new clone each time,
tone
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by tone »

it would be a useful option but all you really have to remember is what aim you signed on first......and then the first one is the first aim you signed and the second one is the second one you signed on and so on and so on
tone
nfelton
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by nfelton »

I think one of the best thing to do is to combine a lot of the ideas, because they are all great. I wish I knew a little more about programing then I do to help out, but here is my idea. Take xpsypiex's idea with the numbers on the AIM systray icons, but instead, use the idea of the different colors (Make the 1st Blue, the 2nd green, ect.). And to help out t0ne with the problem of having to remember which one you signed on first with, or second, use the rollover option to tell you the screen name of that clone. Lets see, what else is there...OH YES! I agree with djstupid as well. Personally, it would be a lot less crowded in my systray if there were just one icon, and then with a right click, you could select the clone you want to open. Just thought I would put my 2 cents worth in :P .
~*~ #1 Computer Kid! ~*~
nybbles
Addict
Addict

Post by nybbles »

I like this idea. But changing colors would be a definite plus, or even just a tooltip hover that has the screename for the particular buddy list.

JoePits wrote:Maybe use the screen name's buddy icon as the system tray icon?
nybbles
Addict
Addict

Post by nybbles »

I found this on another thread. I think it is a good idea. One AIM+ systray menu with different cloned accounts submenus inside.

IMO it shouldn't show a new AIM icon (because it is damned confusing), instead, when you right click on the AIM icon in the taskbar it shows "Cloned Accounts" in a sliding list (you know, like away message menu when you right click is a sliding menu) and it would show you a list of cloned accounts, which lets you toggle through them or Control+% (% = a key, I dunno what the windows hotkeys are so instead of looking like a fool I would just leave this up to the programmers). Also, if somebody IMs you on your cloned account(s) then it shows your nickname in the bar at the top, not theirs, so you know who you are (useful for pranks). What do you all think?
Buddha
Just Registered
Just Registered

Hmmm....

Post by Buddha »

If you were to make the icons in the system tray a different color, wouldn't that basically amount to having different icons? If that was the case, couldn't be possible to have people choose there own icons? It is just a thought that I thought would be a neat little feature.
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

IDEA!: I'm sure many of you know about MSN messenger..and how when you get mail and the sort that little menu slides up from the systray area, and says something of the sort - "You have 1 new message". Maybe you could implement a feature like this.. but have it work for AIM clones and everything. Make it have a whole slew of messages. Make it come up, and tell you which AIM buddy list (clone) it's from, which buddy gets on/offline. Make a whole bunch of options within AIM+??

Also as another feature someone else mentioned, instead of having multiple AIM icons down in the system tray, just make one, that little AIM+ icon(the plus symbol) down there. Make it right/left clickable..and then it would let you choose from a menu which AIM screename you want to open and play with.

Those would be some great features! :P

..::: EDIT :::..
w00t !! 100 posts for me!! :D 8) :P