Internet explorer, Mozilla, Netscape...

Hardware, Software, Internet, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, Matt, jester22c

bigjesse

Internet explorer, Mozilla, Netscape...

Post by bigjesse »

I was thinking maybe you can make a ddon of some kind for these browsers, mainly IE...

you can highlight something, right-click, and click search and it goes to google. I just thought of this and couldnt find anything about it.
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

You can already do this if you goto Googles website.
Just go here and install the Google Toolbar.

http://toolbar.google.com/

From the list of features..here's what you're looking for:
Highlight: Highlight your search terms as they appear on the page; each word in its own color
And what goes along with that, when you highlight text on a webpage, Right Click and click 'Google Search'. Or if you make the link to google in the IE Links, it will appear at the top of the browser, just highlight and click a button.. it will do a search query on your highlighted text.
Matt

Post by Matt »

Also, Mozilla, and more importantly phoenix, already has this feature built into it. There is a google bar where you can search anything you want and also if you just put in a search term into the addy bar and it will search on google for it and even bring up it's most common search result if you set it to that. It doesn't, however, allow you to right-click and search...but if your going to use the mouse to highlight it, you might as well move the cursor to the search box and your set to go.
-Matt
Timelessblur wrote:I only know 4 langueges. Engish, Band Engish, Really bad Engish and Timelessblurain