Blocking

Request features that you'd like to see in future versions of AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

terraforce
Just Registered
Just Registered

Blocking

Post by terraforce »

I don't know if you can already do this.. but there are two features i always wanted

1) having people "blocked" in ur buddylist AND having people outside of ur buddylist blocked

2) blocking "groups" in ur buddylist.
iSteve530
Addict
Addict

Post by iSteve530 »

1) If you are blocking everyone not on your buddy list and want to block somebody on your buddy list as well, ad something to their sn, such as a "B". So buddy1 is Bbuddy1, this way they are blocked, but you still remember what their screen name was. Anyhow, just an idea.

2) That would be neat. I like that idea. Not sure if I would use it however.
Epictetus9x
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by Epictetus9x »

This is my biggie for AIM+ actually...and could be done by just making the privacy funtion more accessible, as opposed to monkeying with it buried as it is now.

This would basically be the ability to define and block users by group. All this means is adding and deleting names from the privacy window, but having aim+ doing so all at once, and aim+ just keeping track of what names are in which group. You could link it to buddy groups, or work it independantly of that...
Eli
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by Eli »

yes, and it'd be nice to be able to use wildcards in the list of screen names to be blocked.

when i go to a chatroom, I'd love to be able to automatically ignore anyone with names like IAMNAKED* cutegurl4u* etc etc
and sometimes spam bots use the same basis, just changing a number at the end
EvilJolly
Addict
Addict

Post by EvilJolly »

I was going to post a new topic, but I see that *this feature has already been requested* :P I have always wanted to be able to block users by group, and think that the value in this feature has been overlooked. This is something I would really love to see in a future version of AIM+