Transparency "Fade Up"

Request features that you'd like to see in future versions of AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

ppfeifer
Just Registered
Just Registered

Transparency "Fade Up"

Post by ppfeifer »

I like the "Fade Down" feature a lot. What about adding a "Fade Up" feature as well?

Also, it would be great if the alpha levels of blinking windows could fade in and out upon receipt of a new message. Is this feasible?
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

The reason I only did FadeDown, was because it can slow things down a bit - and I thought that when you activate a window, you want to use it, so it should be responsive and ready immediately. The lag from fading down/up is pretty small, but still..

I was thinking that rather than have a FadeDown and FadeUp option, though - I would have one "Fade Between" option, that would do either both (on) or none (off).

What do you think?
-Ryan
Big-O Software
JStrider

Post by JStrider »

NOOO
dont control both with one option...
id rather have the option to control them seperatly... for exactly the reason you said... when im using a window i want it to be there immediatly... and not take time to fade in...
skim32

This is a great idea

Post by skim32 »

I definately want fading in. Fading out makes AIM so much more asthetically apealing. Fading in would make it much better. I under stand the need for quick reponsivness, however a half a second delay is not gonna kill ya. And if you really want a quick fade in. Maybe there is a way to make it adjustable. Make the speed of the fade in and out adjustable (like how long it takes to go from transparent to solid and vice versa). If it's not possible. Just make it so that you can disable fade in.
timrosenfeld
Addict
Addict

Post by timrosenfeld »

haha... I know first-hand about the slow responsiveness when using the fade option. My computer would choke if I had lots of messages with people open that were faded, so I had to turn it off