New Off-Topic Forums?

Website stuff

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Would you like more off-topic forums?

Leave it as it is, one off-topic forum is perfect.
11%
Add a few more forums to make things easier to navigate.
42%
Go crazy, I'll post in as many forums as you can think up!
37%
I hate the off-topic forum, take it away!
11%

Total votes: 19

Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

New Off-Topic Forums?

Post by Big-O Mark »

Would you like to see more off-topic forums, or do you prefer everything off-topic in one forum like it is now?

Ryan and I have been kicking around ideas for the forums, and this seemed like one of the most logical. Expanding the off-topic forum from one to five or six might be really neat, but at the same time, it's kind of cool to have one forum with everything off-topic in it: no need to go through a ton of forums just to have a conversation.

Let us know what you think!
-Mark
Big-O Software
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Re: New Off-Topic Forums?

Post by DADINK13 »

Big-O Mark wrote:Would you like to see more off-topic forums, or do you prefer everything off-topic in one forum like it is now?

Ryan and I have been kicking around ideas for the forums, and this seemed like one of the most logical. Expanding the off-topic forum from one to five or six might be really neat, but at the same time, it's kind of cool to have one forum with everything off-topic in it: no need to go through a ton of forums just to have a conversation.

Go crazy! Have one for music and audio-related stuff (I can be really useful with that one), one for web design, one for computer-related stuff, a video game forum, and anything else you guys can think up.

Go crazy! 8)
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

DADINK13 wrote:
Big-O Mark wrote:Would you like to see more off-topic forums, or do you prefer everything off-topic in one forum like it is now?

Go crazy! Have one for music and audio-related stuff (I can be really useful with that one), one for web design, one for computer-related stuff, a video game forum, and anything else you guys can think up.

Go crazy! 8)
Yes, I like that...and perhaps they'll need another mod or 2 to help. If so, I volunteer...lol.
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

idejsecrofkrad wrote:Yes, I like that...and perhaps they'll need another mod or 2 to help. If so, I volunteer...lol.
Anything music-related I'll gladly volunteer to be a mod. Music is my life.

Oh yea--another idea for a new OTP forum: Autos! 8)
(I mean cars :P )
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

ImmortalDragon already started a similar post in the OT forum,

here is my reply to that..before I locked it up:
Great idea, it would be a nice addition to the community here.

Possibly add another section for General Help, and then have subsections for Programming, Web Design, Graphics and such.
As I said.. nice idea! Add whatever you like! :D
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

I am with some more OT forums. We need a least one that called Way-off topic. (like the word game that running right now in the OT would fit tehre. Oh and I love that word game) Also my be a car one and computer games
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
Matt

Post by Matt »

I guess I should share my thoughts. :wink:

I like the idea of multiple OT forums. I guess you can get a lot of ideas from other forums and stuff...like a general 'Computer' forum, a 'Internet' forum, a 'way OT' forum, a Car Forum, Music forum, Video-Game, Other Stuff...etc.

Jeez...this site could be an all-in-one site for your computer and everything else you can think of.
-Matt
Timelessblur wrote:I only know 4 langueges. Engish, Band Engish, Really bad Engish and Timelessblurain
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

We would need more mods if we got more forums

also with more Forums we would prouble get more member to tthe site....
DADINK13

Post by DADINK13 »

KooLTaB101 wrote:I like the idea of multiple OT forums. I guess you can get a lot of ideas from other forums and stuff...like a general 'Computer' forum, a 'Internet' forum, a 'way OT' forum, a Car Forum, Music forum, Video-Game, Other Stuff...etc.
It would be great to have. It's been said earlier: sifting through one OT forum gets tiresome, and must make the job for the mods a little more difficult. Why not break it down, and add one of two mods per new forum?

KooLTaB101 wrote:Jeez...this site could be an all-in-one site for your computer and everything else you can think of.
That's what I had in mind. It can be like a Wal-Mart Supercenter: you can get anything and everything there. :lol:
jester22c

Post by jester22c »

I am all for splitting things up. Here is my suggestion:

>General Discussion
>Technology (could also include software)
>Cars
>Music
>Games (PC and video games, or any other kind of game such as the word game)

If you need me to mod multiple forums that would be fine with me.
:D
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

jester22c wrote:If you need me to mod multiple forums that would be fine with me.
I'm with Jester, my specialties are Classic video games(not very big on current video games)..PC Hardware, and Web design :D
DADINK13

Post by DADINK13 »

Mine are cars, anything audio related (music, radio, productions, movie sound, digital audio editing, MIDI, etc..), cars, and classic AND current video games. 8)
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

Ok I panic when I just came here. I was like is the OT forum. Then I saw were it was moved to. So far I like it ad it looks promising
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

Obviously the new forums are now visible. We'll be opening them up tomorrow once we straighten out how they will be moderated.

Off-Topic Forums:

Totally Off-Topic
Computers
Entertainment
Sports
Video Games

If there are any problems with these choices (ie - one forum getting no posts, one getting too many posts, etc.) we can fix it after we give this new format a good test.

In case you are wondering why post counts took a hit tonight, we made our trash forum (where the deleted posts have gone) 'NoPostCount', like the OT forums. So, depending on how much you'd posted in threads that ended up getting deleted, your post count may have suffered.
-Mark
Big-O Software
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

Big-O Mark wrote: In case you are wondering why post counts took a hit tonight, we made our trash forum (where the deleted posts have gone) 'NoPostCount', like the OT forums. So, depending on how much you'd posted in threads that ended up getting deleted, your post count may have suffered.
that would explain a lot.

Also will we all be loosing some of our post count be droping as old treads get deleted or what not.
Last edited by Timelessblur on Sun Jan 12, 2003 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.