No votes
Bucs vs. Raiders
45%

Total votes: 11

skudz
Addict
Addict

Post by skudz »

maeg26 wrote:BTW, Skudz... try being a Browns fan. It isn't much better, especially when your friends keep throwing past near misses to the Super Bowl at you.
well yea i understand that... first time in playoffs ever and they lose first round :/

about the Steeler/Titan ending... that was kinda horse crap, u can tell that kicker did that on purpose, and ir eally dont like rules like that because "how can a player stop himself from coming in contact with the kicker/qb if they dive and have no control over stopping." kinda lame.
Moon Child
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Moon Child »

skudz wrote: well yea i understand that... first time in playoffs ever and they lose first round :/
It wasn't the first time in the playoffs. It was the first time since they came back to Cleveland though. The Browns haven't won an NFL championship since '64 and haven't made it to the divisional series since '90. (Source was the Browns website)
skudz wrote: about the Steeler/Titan ending... that was kinda horse crap, u can tell that kicker did that on purpose, and ir eally dont like rules like that because "how can a player stop himself from coming in contact with the kicker/qb if they dive and have no control over stopping." kinda lame.
I think the reason of penalties like that is for a safety issue. They don't want the defense to come at the kickers/qb's to try to take them out of the game. For that reason, I see those penalties as a good thing. But I do agree that there are times when it is hard to stop yourself from hitting a kicker/qb when you are going full force.

I did have some fun with the final result of the game though, since I have a few friends who were Pittsburgh fans. It made for some fun jesting.
Dice599
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Dice599 »

maeg26 wrote:
skudz wrote: about the Steeler/Titan ending... that was kinda horse crap, u can tell that kicker did that on purpose, and ir eally dont like rules like that because "how can a player stop himself from coming in contact with the kicker/qb if they dive and have no control over stopping." kinda lame.
I think the reason of penalties like that is for a safety issue. They don't want the defense to come at the kickers/qb's to try to take them out of the game. For that reason, I see those penalties as a good thing. But I do agree that there are times when it is hard to stop yourself from hitting a kicker/qb when you are going full force.

I did have some fun with the final result of the game though, since I have a few friends who were Pittsburgh fans. It made for some fun jesting.
I actually agree w/ skudz on this one(first time I think). The player was in the air and had no way of possibly stopping.
Official Beta Tester
ExploreAnywhere Software, LLC

There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.
Moon Child
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Moon Child »

Dice599 wrote:I actually agree w/ skudz on this one(first time I think). The player was in the air and had no way of possibly stopping.
If you reread what I said, you may notice that I wasn't arguing about the reason why that specific call was made. I didn't see the game at all thanks to work :( , therefore I couldn't judge the call at all. What I was doing was just giving my thoughts as to why the rule exists in the first place.
skudz
Addict
Addict

Post by skudz »

Dice599 wrote:
maeg26 wrote:

I actually agree w/ skudz on this one(first time I think). The player was in the air and had no way of possibly stopping.
that kicker was so dramatic, then after the game he was all 'after football i think im gonna beocme an actor.' u can tell that hella pissed off steeler fans.
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

Let's continue Super Bowl talk in the new poll thread here:

http://discuss.big-o-software.com/viewtopic.php?t=2733
-Mark
Big-O Software