The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker

Discuss video games from NES to PS2 to PC to whatever.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, DADINK13, fuuucckkers

What do you think of it?

Gotta have it!
17%
Pre-ordered it!
33%
I can wait until it hits stores
8%
Don't care
25%
It sucks
No votes
Who's Zelda?
17%

Total votes: 12

DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

xWastedMindx wrote:
aclauser wrote:I'm at school so I have to wait 30 mins...
Hahah.. so am I. Teacher is lecturing XML stuff right now. :P :wink:
I'm at home. 8)
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

DADINK13 wrote:
xWastedMindx wrote:
aclauser wrote:I'm at school so I have to wait 30 mins...
Hahah.. so am I. Teacher is lecturing XML stuff right now. :P :wink:
I'm at home. 8)
BAH!! Goto school!!
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

I'm not doing anything I would not be doing at home so it does not really matter to me... Other then this stupid plastic chair compared to my couch.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

Retro developed Metroid Prime. It is an FPS, however, because of Miyamoto (Nintendo). Nintendo had an incredibly heavy hand in the design, and pretty much destroyed Retro (phased out all their other projects, by the end), to make sure Metroid was done right.. and it was. We all feared that it was an FPS, I still think it probably would've been better if it wasn't, but it is an amazing game.

Everybody I know nearly cried when they saw the way the new Zelda looked. But then we started watching the videos, and it looks amazing in motion. It's going to look incredible, and I'll be sadly surprised if it the game isn't up to par.

I think the fact that Metroid panned out well despite the radical change has helped many fearful fans feel more confident that Zelda will come through with flying colors as well.
-Ryan
Big-O Software
jester22c

Post by jester22c »

I'm highly dissapointed in how they royally screwed things up with the new Zelda title. I by no stretch of the imagination value graphics over gameplay, but the graphics on this one are just down right annoying! And to make it worse... I saw what it was going to look like... It was going to be amazing. I saw preview video clips of the original design and it was breathtaking. Now I feel like I'm looking at pokèmon instead of my beloved Link. Majoras mask was a big dissapointment to me as well so this isn't really a surprise, it's just sad is all. I for one won't be purchasing it.
:D
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

jester22c wrote:but the graphics on this one are just down right annoying!
I've been finding that a lot of people won't buy it simply because of the cell shaded graphics. A lot of people said they didn't like Metroid Prime...and look at it--it's phenominal.

We'll all find out in March if the wait has been worth it.
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

DADINK13 wrote:I've been finding that a lot of people won't buy it simply because of the cell shaded graphics.
That's what makes that game cool (different).. go take a look at Dragons Lair 3D. Cell Shading ! :D
DADINK13

Post by DADINK13 »

xWastedMindx wrote:That's what makes that game cool (different).. go take a look at Dragons Lair 3D. Cell Shading ! :D
And if you think about it..how often has Nintendo really screwed up one of their big franchise games?

Not including Zelda II on NES. :roll: Yes, that one sucked.
jester22c

Post by jester22c »

DADINK13 wrote:
xWastedMindx wrote:That's what makes that game cool (different).. go take a look at Dragons Lair 3D. Cell Shading ! :D
And if you think about it..how often has Nintendo really screwed up one of their big franchise games?

Not including Zelda II on NES. :roll: Yes, that one sucked.
In my opinion the last Zelda game (Majoras mask) was a screw up. Of all of my nintendo loving friends (we've all been playing zelda since the NES) only 1 of them actually liked the game. The plot is what killed it. If they made another title exactly like the first Zelda for 64 but with different characters some new weapons and a whole new storyline... it would have been awesome.. but nooo they had to fix what wasn't broken :-?
skudz
Addict
Addict

Post by skudz »

DADINK13 wrote:That to me is the biggest problem with games these days. If it doesn't have flasy graphics, it's not worth buying. A lot of people still don't understand that it doesn't take flashy graphics to make a game great. A good example of that for me is Aliens vs. Predator 2. That is one of the few games that I can't play for long simply because I get the sh1t scared out of me. That games has so much atmosphere that you will almost crap your pants when you hear a swarm of Alien Drones running at you, seeing their silohettes in the shadows like black water. It's very scary. Graphic-wise, they're okay--not incredible by today's standards.

It's a Zelda game. Has there really been a Zelda game that was terrible (not including Zelda II on NES)?
i do like good graphics to wanna play a game why downgrade in graphics when u have so much power on the GC? also, i hated the 2nd Zelda game for the N64, ocarina of time was awesome, but the 2nd was crap.
jester22c

Post by jester22c »

skudz wrote:i do like good graphics to wanna play a game why downgrade in graphics when u have so much power on the GC? also, i hated the 2nd Zelda game for the N64, ocarina of time was awesome, but the 2nd was crap.
Finally someone that agrees with me...

I saw a demo video of the original zelda for GC and the graphics were amazing... What they have now is an insult to all of the work that they did before it all got trashed and replaced with this junk.
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

According to the 'Game Info found at http://www.zelda.com (official site), the reasoning behind the "Toon Rendered Graphics is to allow more lifelike facial expressions.

zelda.com wrote: The series' classic mix of sword-swinging action, perplexing puzzles and stirring story lines remains intact while the new Toon Rendering graphics enable the characters of Link's world to be the most lively and expressive personalities you've ever seen in a video game.
jester22c

Post by jester22c »

No that is just some hype about the new look. The reasoning was because Mitsoyoto or however the heck you spell the guys name said they want to retain their younger audience.
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

jester22c wrote:No that is just some hype about the new look. The reasoning was because Mitsoyoto or however the heck you spell the guys name said they want to retain their younger audience.
I know this as well.. I just didnt say it. Miyamato is like 65 years old.. but yet he's going to bring upon the death of Nintendo by keeping the system geared towards the younger audience. :-?
He needs to realize most of the 'Nintendo Generation' has grown up and now are adults, like me, and want more adult oriented games. (At least not cartoon games.)
jester22c

Post by jester22c »

I do understand that he wants kids to play his games, and for many and most titles that nintendo releases... kids and older alike both enjoy the games. But I personally never really saw Zelda as a game for young kids. They have all been somewhat difficult and taken a good deal of time to beat. I remember when I beat A Link to the Past on my NES when I was 8. I was the only one my age that had beaten it. The other people that had beaten it were my friends older siblings which were about how old I am now at the time. Mario is a cartoonish character and is fun because of it. He has always been that way... Zelda.. well they've crossed the line on this one.