Nintendo/Rare/Metroid/Internal Games

Discuss video games from NES to PS2 to PC to whatever.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, DADINK13, fuuucckkers

Anthony

Nintendo/Rare/Metroid/Internal Games

Post by Anthony »

Nintendo should have never allowed anyone but themselves to develop Metroid. Sure it came out very well in the end but its a Nintendo classic. Classics on the Nintendo systems have and will forever only be made by Nintendo (this Metroid counts because of the heavy hand they had). I still say that Nintendo should have stuck their head between their heads and allowed Rare to have one final great game before they left them (Nintendo knew Rare was going to turn over to M$, and I think this was their punishment they gave to Rare). Don't allow classics to go out side of Nintendo's walls

P.S.
Nintendo needs to find a new great 2nd party developer... Even if they have to fork over some serious cash for it. Although I know of no company they could really do this with I think Acclaim could do wonders as a 2nd party developer (Yes I know this will never happen).
Last edited by Anthony on Thu Jan 16, 2003 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

Acclaim would be an awesome developer.. more Extreme G racing games! :D
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Yes they would be. I figure they make good/great games already, but if they had access to infomation that Rare once had (oh great I wonder how much Rare knows about the GameCube...) the games would be only better. Also based on one of the games they recently "developed" (very lame that a company of the level of Acclaim would do such a thing for money... hint XxX hint) I could actually see them selling out for enough money. Also Nintendo does not ingolf them or at least it did not seem that way to me with Rare.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

xWastedMindx wrote:Acclaim would be an awesome developer.. more Extreme G racing games! :D
Accalim is based out of Glen Cove, Long Island I believe. 8)