Bill Parcells and the Dallas Cowboys.

Discuss anything sports related.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, Anthony, jester22c

Dice599
Veteran
Veteran

Bill Parcells and the Dallas Cowboys.

Post by Dice599 »

I say that Bill Parcells brings the Cowboys to the Super Bowl in two years. In the January 2005 Super Bowl, the Cowboys will be in it, mark my words. He did it in NE, then w/ the Jets (all w/in two years) and he'll do it w/ the Cowboys once again.
Official Beta Tester
ExploreAnywhere Software, LLC

There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

Don't forget the Giants where Parcells helped the team win 2 Super Bowls!
-Mark
Big-O Software
Dice599
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Dice599 »

Big-O Mark wrote:Don't forget the Giants where Parcells helped the team win 2 Super Bowls!
I didn't know bout that cuz it was before I can remember. But I'll remember from now on.
Official Beta Tester

There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

I believe his first NFL head coaching job was with the Giants in the 80s, and then they won two Super Bowls before Parcells left to be the 'mercenary' he has seemingly become.
-Mark
Big-O Software
Dice599
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Dice599 »

He may be what you call a 'mercernary' but it's amazing to watch him at work with these teams he takes over and 'mold' them into Super Bowl caliber teams. Even though I hate him b/c he left NE for a NY team, I still respect him for how great a coach he is.
Official Beta Tester

Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

Just remember he left a NY team for NE in the first place! :)
-Mark
Big-O Software
Dice599
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Dice599 »

I hadn't realized that...haha. But it was the Giants, not the Jets, that he left for NE. We don't hate the Giants, just the Jets. It's like the yankees, and the Mets. We ABSOLUTELY LOATHE the yankees, but have no serious quam w/ the Mets.
Official Beta Tester

Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

Except for that whole Bill Buckner thing :).
-Mark
Big-O Software
Dice599
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Dice599 »

Haha, yea. :oops: Don't make me think about it...it was only a routine grounder...one routine grounder away from a World Champions Title...*goes to sob in the corner*
Official Beta Tester

Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

In all seriousness, we Mets fans feel for you Red Sox fans ... we both hate the damn Yankees!
-Mark
Big-O Software
Dice599
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Dice599 »

I would expect that after you guys got crushed in the Subway Series a couple years ago. Damn you got beat. Haha...just kidding, thanks for the support.
Official Beta Tester

Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

Oh man, I guess I had that coming after the Buckner comment ...

That series could have been SO different if Benitez didn't blow the save in game 1 :(.
-Mark
Big-O Software
skudz
Addict
Addict

Re: Bill Parcells and the Dallas Cowboys.

Post by skudz »

Dice599 wrote:I say that Bill Parcells brings the Cowboys to the Super Bowl in two years. In the January 2005 Super Bowl, the Cowboys will be in it, mark my words. He did it in NE, then w/ the Jets (all w/in two years) and he'll do it w/ the Cowboys once again.
without emmitt? pffft. to be a superbowl team u gotta have a good coach and good players, u cant do well with a good headcoach and bad teamplayers, or vise versa. he wont bring them anytime soon, probably not at all.
Dice599
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Dice599 »

I said 'mark my words,' you wait till Jan 2005 and see who's in the Super Bowl. 1st, Emmit was good, but not that amazing as everyone says he was...he stayed in the game too long and didn't deserve to break Walter Payton's record at all. B, you think Parcells had good players in NE when he signed on? No, Bledsoe was mediocre at best until Parcells took over and I think Parcell's was the one to get Bledsoe on the Pats in the first place, and Curtis Martin (who became a key player under the tutalage of Parcells) was barely recognizable in the NFL. Yet Parcells brought them in two years. Lastly, the Cowboys aren't all that bad and they do have the draft (which Bill Parcels is pretty good at picking apart), and he has the ability to make avg. players to good or even great players. THAT is why they will be there in Jan 2005.
Official Beta Tester

skudz
Addict
Addict

Post by skudz »

Dice599 wrote:I said 'mark my words,' you wait till Jan 2005 and see who's in the Super Bowl. 1st, Emmit was good, but not that amazing as everyone says he was...he stayed in the game too long and didn't deserve to break Walter Payton's record at all. B, you think Parcells had good players in NE when he signed on? No, Bledsoe was mediocre at best until Parcells took over and I think Parcell's was the one to get Bledsoe on the Pats in the first place, and Curtis Martin (who became a key player under the tutalage of Parcells) was barely recognizable in the NFL. Yet Parcells brought them in two years. Lastly, the Cowboys aren't all that bad and they do have the draft (which Bill Parcels is pretty good at picking apart), and he has the ability to make avg. players to good or even great players. THAT is why they will be there in Jan 2005.
i never said he was a bad coach and i do kno he has done a lot of good in the past, i never said it will never be done, i just dont think it will be done anytime soon. not 2005.

how long did he sign to be on Dallas?