Bill Parcells and the Dallas Cowboys.

Discuss anything sports related.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, Anthony, jester22c

Dice599
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Dice599 »

skudz wrote:
Dice599 wrote:I said 'mark my words,' you wait till Jan 2005 and see who's in the Super Bowl. 1st, Emmit was good, but not that amazing as everyone says he was...he stayed in the game too long and didn't deserve to break Walter Payton's record at all. B, you think Parcells had good players in NE when he signed on? No, Bledsoe was mediocre at best until Parcells took over and I think Parcell's was the one to get Bledsoe on the Pats in the first place, and Curtis Martin (who became a key player under the tutalage of Parcells) was barely recognizable in the NFL. Yet Parcells brought them in two years. Lastly, the Cowboys aren't all that bad and they do have the draft (which Bill Parcels is pretty good at picking apart), and he has the ability to make avg. players to good or even great players. THAT is why they will be there in Jan 2005.
i never said he was a bad coach and i do kno he has done a lot of good in the past, i never said it will never be done, i just dont think it will be done anytime soon. not 2005.

how long did he sign to be on Dallas?
skudz wrote:he wont bring them anytime soon, probably not at all.
yes you did.

And he signed a 4 yr., $17.1 Million deal.
Official Beta Tester
ExploreAnywhere Software, LLC

There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.
skudz
Addict
Addict

Post by skudz »

sorry bout that i stadn corrected, but what about when he was with the N.Y. Jets.?
Dice599
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Dice599 »

skudz wrote:sorry bout that i stadn corrected, but what about when he was with the N.Y. Jets.?
It's OK, I contradict myself all the time..haha. But what about the Jets? He went from the Super Bowl loss in NE directly to the Jets and brought them to the Super Bowl (I believe they won but I have a bad memory) in 2 years as he had done in Patriot Land.

EDIT: and now I stand corrected. I went and looked it up and he didn't bring them to the Super Bowl at all...I coulda sworn he did..but oh well, i was wrong out that. I think he did great things w/ them though...Be back with an update about them when I look it up.
Official Beta Tester
ExploreAnywhere Software, LLC

There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.