What's your favorite musical?

Books, Movies, Music, TV, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, DADINK13, fuuucckkers

DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

What's your favorite musical?

Post by DADINK13 »

Self-explanitory. Not limited to just musicals. Operas/Rock Operas are included as well. If the musical/opera/rock opera was made into a movie, just make sure you make clear that you mean the movie. :)

I've got a few favorites..but the one that really sticks out in my head is Tommy by The Who, directed by Ken Russell. If you've never seen the movie, you should. It stars Roger Daltrey as Tommy, Keith Moon as Uncle Ernie, with Pete Townshend and the late John Entwistle as themselves. You have all sorts of big names in that movie: Ann Margaret, Oliver Reed, Tina Turner, Elton John, Eric Clapton, and Jack Nicholson ( :o ).

Little Shop of Horrors and West Side Story have always been some of my favorites as well. :)
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

Not sure if it's a musical but I just recently saw the movie Chicago with my girlfriend at the theatre. I was actually thinking it would be a stupid movie, but it turned out to be pretty good.

If you like Broadway type dancing and singing and such, but back in the 1940's-'50s style.. I recommend this movie! :D

It's your basic broadway story though..dancing and all, but with a murder plot mixed in there somewhere. Go see it!