Megaman

Discuss video games from NES to PS2 to PC to whatever.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, DADINK13, fuuucckkers

Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

I think the only reason Mario is so well know is the games (yes I think he been killed because some of the game were purr crap) He has almost as many games (and spin off games) as megaman
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

DADINK13 wrote:That could explain why I never really got along with them... :lol:

But getting back on topic though..
Lets remember how long us Metroid fans had to wait for ONE metroid game. Eight years. Now we got two new ones. How often does a new Mario game come out? More often than that.
A new mario game? Well there was 3 on between the NES, and SNES, 2 on the N64 (3 if you count the N64 DD(Disk Drive)). 1 was on the GameCube so far...(i think). And then of course all the games he appeared in, all the Smash Bros, and Donkey Kong on the Atari.. and I might even be missing some, but I do think that's all of them.
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

Timelessblur wrote:He has almost as many games (and spin off games) as megaman
Sorry to say Timelessblur, but I am sick of Megaman myself. It got old after the first ..how many sequels on the SNES?? 6 ?
Then on to the PS1.. Megaman Legends.. that's what killed it for me.

I haven't really tried playing any of the newer ones. But as long as their not 3-D and stay true to the side-scrolling... I'm all for it.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Mario is the most known Nintendo character, but I think Samus is by far the favorite. Now I am not going to count the people that don't know about Samus because thats kinda unfair.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

xWastedMindx wrote:A new mario game? Well there was 3 on between the NES, and SNES, 2 on the N64 (3 if you count the N64 DD(Disk Drive)). 1 was on the GameCube so far...(i think). And then of course all the games he appeared in, all the Smash Bros, and Donkey Kong on the Atari.. and I might even be missing some, but I do think that's all of them.
Well to sum it up, there's about a dozen games that Mario was the lead character. There have only been five Metroid games made since 1987: one on NES, one of Gameboy, one on Super Nintendo, one of GBA, and one of GC. I was screaming for a real Metroid game on N64...or at least a Trilogy like how Mario All-Stars was. I would've loved to have seen Metroid and Metroid II with modern graphics--or at least Super Metroid-like graphics.
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

xWastedMindx wrote:A new mario game? Well there was 3 on between the NES, and SNES, 2 on the N64 (3 if you count the N64 DD(Disk Drive)). 1 was on the GameCube so far...(i think). And then of course all the games he appeared in, all the Smash Bros, and Donkey Kong on the Atari.. and I might even be missing some, but I do think that's all of them.
Well to sum it up, there's about a dozen games that Mario was the lead character. There have only been five Metroid games made since 1987: one on NES, one of Gameboy, one on Super Nintendo, one on GBA, and one on GC. I was screaming for a real Metroid game on N64...or at least a Trilogy like how Mario All-Stars was. I would've loved to have seen Metroid and Metroid II with modern graphics--or at least Super Metroid-like graphics.
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

xWastedMindx wrote:
Timelessblur wrote:He has almost as many games (and spin off games) as megaman
Sorry to say Timelessblur, but I am sick of Megaman myself. It got old after the first ..how many sequels on the SNES?? 6 ?
Then on to the PS1.. Megaman Legends.. that's what killed it for me.

I haven't really tried playing any of the newer ones. But as long as their not 3-D and stay true to the side-scrolling... I'm all for it.
the count on true megaman games
6 on NES (Megaman 1-6)
4 on super SNES (5 if you count the one never release in the US) (Megaman 7, Megaman X 1-3, and Rockman and Foute--Megaman and Bass)
4 on PS1 (Megaman x 3-6, Megaman 8)
Gameboy
megaman 1-3 (I think dont hold me to it)
Megamanzero (one of my favor games ever)
Megaman Extrem 1&2

All those listed are all side schooling. Megaman Legens did not follow the true megaman formate

Capcom is coming out with X7 which I want.

All the games added up (counting true megaman games and all with just megamn in it) and you got 22-25 games
DADINK13

Post by DADINK13 »

Timelessblur wrote:All the games added up (counting true megaman games and all with just megamn in it) and you got 22-25 games
That's....well...lol...a lot. :lol:
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

I am the resadne megaman expert (I wished I could say I played all) Also I wish I could say I owned all the x games but when I final started buying my own games gettin x 1-3 is damn near impostble. But I have x4-6
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

oh and up the count on megaman game to 25-27 I forgot bout megaman battle network
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Um... !... I played one... Now I have no clue what one it was.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

Timelessblur wrote:I am the resadne megaman expert (I wished I could say I played all) Also I wish I could say I owned all the x games but when I final started buying my own games gettin x 1-3 is damn near impostble. But I have x4-6
One word. -- eBay.com 8) (and those are all SuperNES games)

Megaman x3:
http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dl ... GORY0=1249

Megaman x2:
http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dl ... sicSearch=

Megaman x1: I could not find on ebay...
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

yeah ebay is great. X3 just cost so damn much. (as soon as I find a rom that works i be happy)

X2 is costly but not as much (also I can find it at game stop)

X1 I can get for mybe 30 if I speed time looking
Matt

Post by Matt »

Best Known is defintately Mario. That is because of all the reasons stated above. I do think that Samus is a pretty favorable character. This poll would have probably done better if you said "Which is your FAVORITE."
-Matt
Timelessblur wrote:I only know 4 langueges. Engish, Band Engish, Really bad Engish and Timelessblurain
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

If it was that I would of said that megaman was needed and to make a poll like that it is imporble