Lebron James and his Hummer H2

Discuss anything sports related.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, Anthony, jester22c

Anthony

Post by Anthony »

I think the entire thing over all is stupid. The "you can't accept gifts" part as opposed to the "I am not telling the truth part". If a agent wants to give a potential client a gift as a incentive to sign with him that's their business, and not of the school or any other body. I am pretty sure money is no object when it comes to the getting this kid.

Maybe if somebody can explaine to me why this is in effect (how it saves the kid) then I'll start to understand.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Moon Child
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Moon Child »

To me its not necessarily about saving the kid. Its about making the competition fairer. Why would a school want to play against another school who has a team member that has already signed contracts and isn't playing in the pros?

If they want the money now, then go pro, don't waste your time. But if you want the education, and the play experience, stay.
~Maeg

Resident LP Fanatic

*Nobody likes you when you're 23* - Blink 182

Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

you know there a reason they have those rule on taking gifts. I do not think he will win the apeal but it really does seem like they have it out for this guy
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

LeBron ban trimmed to two games

Wednesday, February 5

Associated Press

AKRON, Ohio -- LeBron James was cleared to play Wednesday by a judge who blocked a state ruling that stripped the high school basketball star of his eligibility.

James was ordered to serve a two-game suspension, which includes the one game he already missed. James can rejoin his team but must sit out one more game, Summit County Judge James Williams ruled. St. Vincent-St. Mary has four games left before the playoffs, and the school can decide which game James will miss.

The senior already missed one game after the Ohio High School Athletic Association declared him ineligible for accepting two free sports jerseys worth a total of $845.

Lawyers for the athletic association and James presented their arguments to the judge during a one-hour hearing.

Williams ordered the school to tell James by noon Thursday which game he will miss. The judge scheduled a preliminary hearing for Feb. 19, when he will decide whether to grant a permanent injunction or go to trial.

"Neither side is going to be happy,'' Williams said. "There are a number of issues the court wants to hear.''

James, who is expected to be the No. 1 pick in this year's NBA draft, and his team were scheduled to play Saturday in Trenton, N.J.

Three of the team's remaining regular-season games are before the next hearing.

James did not attend Wednesday's hearing. OHSAA commissioner Clair Muscaro attended but did not immediately comment on the ruling.

James' attorney, Fred Nance, argued in court documents filed Tuesday that the 6-foot-8 star player did nothing wrong when he accepted two retro jerseys from the owner of a Cleveland clothing store.

"All LeBron did was receive a gift from a friend as congratulations for his academic achievements,'' Nance said. "Had LeBron wished to capitalize on his fame, the recompense could be in the millions of dollars.''

James has said he returned the jerseys.

The OHSAA found that the store gave James the Gale Sayers and Wes Unseld jerseys in exchange for posing for pictures to be displayed on its walls.

Muscaro ruled that James broke an amateur bylaw "by capitalizing on athletic fame by receiving money or gifts of monetary value.''
-Mark
Big-O Software
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

And when is this going to end?
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Dice599
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Dice599 »

Not until he gets drafted and is finally a 'professional'. But by then there'll be somethin new.
Official Beta Tester
ExploreAnywhere Software, LLC

There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.