PlayStation 3

Discuss video games from NES to PS2 to PC to whatever.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, DADINK13, fuuucckkers

DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

PlayStation 3

Post by DADINK13 »

http://www.gamespy.com/hardware/january03/playstation3/

IF Sony can pull it off, this should be interesting..
This finely crafted chunk of silicon will contain multiple chips within a single unit, and will be able to perform in excess of one trillion mathematical calculations a second. Put into perspective, that makes it approximately 100 times more powerful than a 2.5 GHz Pentium 4 CPU!
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

And how long will it take for people to make it into a computer? If they are doing it with the XBox now I am sure they will do with with the PS3 as long as it comes with a hard drive.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
jester22c

Post by jester22c »

Well from my understanding the processor to be used will be designed with gaming in mind, meaning the architecture will be far different from that of a PC cpu.

As far as Sony pulling it off... it is most definately going to happen. They've had that thing in production for a loong time :) I can't wait!
:D
[]DaT_MaNN03
Veteran
Veteran

Post by []DaT_MaNN03 »

from what ive heard its gonna be completely internet based n it will be your home entertainment center plus a bunch more
Hi! I'm a signature virus! copy me into your signature file to help me spread!

"NeVer Argue with an Idiot they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience!"
Moon Child
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Moon Child »

I've heard that there are already games out for the PS3, which I am looking forward to purchasing someday. Has anyone else heard about this, or was the information possibly mis-leading?
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

maeg26 wrote:I've heard that there are already games out for the PS3, which I am looking forward to purchasing someday. Has anyone else heard about this, or was the information possibly mis-leading?
You know what I hate about systems nowadays?? How freakin unoriginal the names are. PS1. PS2, PS3. Give a freakin name for christs sake!!

N64, SNES, GameCube...Genesis, Gameboy. Those are Names.

How would it sound if Nintendo just kept making new systems with GameCube1, GameCube2..it sounds retarded.. jeesh :-?
Moon Child
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Moon Child »

I agree, they could be more original in the names.

There is one thing I definately do not like about the PS2 that I hope they can change for the PS3... that's the incompatability of the memory cards. I would rather be able to save all my games on one memory card instead of having one for PSX games and one for PS2 games.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Well the PSX PS2 and PS3 are the same system when it comes down to it. They play all of the older systems games, so having the same name is okay as I see it. Maybe change the number from 3 to Advanced or something, if Nintendo can semi change the name of their Game Boy (Pocket, Color, and Advanced), I am sure a company that has more marketing money, and infomation (Sony is not just games of course) could come up with a better name.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
skudz
Addict
Addict

Post by skudz »

name doesnt matter to me. if ps1 and ps2 succeeded, why not hjave ps3? its more about the gameplay than the name.
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

skudz wrote:name doesnt matter to me. if ps1 and ps2 succeeded, why not hjave ps3? its more about the gameplay than the name.
True.. but I was just saying that Sony could spend a bit more time thinking up a more original name than PS1, PS2, PS3.. it gets old after awhile..
skudz
Addict
Addict

Post by skudz »

xWastedMindx wrote:
skudz wrote:name doesnt matter to me. if ps1 and ps2 succeeded, why not hjave ps3? its more about the gameplay than the name.
True.. but I was just saying that Sony could spend a bit more time thinking up a more original name than PS1, PS2, PS3.. it gets old after awhile..
well thats the same thing as what nintendo and sega do. NINTENDO. super NINTENDO. NINTENDO64. NINTENDO gamecube. Same with sega. SEGA master system, SEGA genesis, SEGA saturn, SEGA dreamcast.

so why not have PLAYSTAYTION, PLAYSTATION 2, and PLAYSTATION3. they all use their orignal name. its nothing big.
Matt

Post by Matt »

BUT...Nintendo and Sega didn't start numbering their gaming systems like Sony does. PS1, PS2, and now PS3 just sounds retarded. Sony could keep the compnay name, but rename the console for each new one they come out with. For example: SonyStation or something like that (that sounds retarted but I'm too tired to come up with a decent name.)

What will be funny is if they keep numbering the systems and eventually they will come up with PS50 and such...
-Matt
Timelessblur wrote:I only know 4 langueges. Engish, Band Engish, Really bad Engish and Timelessblurain
Gohan
Just Registered
Just Registered

PS2 and XBOX

Post by Gohan »

which is better? PS2 graphics or XBOX graphics? I was playing Metal Gear Solid 2 for XBOX and the graphics looked better than PS2.
skudz
Addict
Addict

Post by skudz »

KooLTaB101 wrote:BUT...Nintendo and Sega didn't start numbering their gaming systems like Sony does. PS1, PS2, and now PS3 just sounds retarded. Sony could keep the compnay name, but rename the console for each new one they come out with. For example: SonyStation or something like that (that sounds retarted but I'm too tired to come up with a decent name.)

What will be funny is if they keep numbering the systems and eventually they will come up with PS50 and such...
but its the same thing, they changed ONE thing in their console names, ONE word, and sony is doing the same but with just ONE number. its the same.
fuuucckkers

Re: PS2 and XBOX

Post by fuuucckkers »

Gohan wrote:which is better? PS2 graphics or XBOX graphics? I was playing Metal Gear Solid 2 for XBOX and the graphics looked better than PS2.
Technically the XBOX has better graphics, because it has a PC based GeForce 3 graphics card inside it. But you cant really tell the difference anyways.. so it donest really matter.