Unreal Championship to be Updated via xBox Live

Discuss video games from NES to PS2 to PC to whatever.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, DADINK13, fuuucckkers

DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Unreal Championship to be Updated via xBox Live

Post by DADINK13 »

http://www.gamespydaily.com/news/fullstory.asp?id=4570

Summary: Digital Extremes is preparing to release a patch for Unreal Championship via xBox Live to correct a number of exploits that players have brought to DE's attention. Other than new content, this is the first real patch for any xBox Live game. If it works, it could be a major milestone for xBox developers who want to use Live to patch thier games.
rocket733

Post by rocket733 »

If xobx companies need to patch their games it just goes to show the lack of quality that goes into creating xbox games. I'm pretty sure that PS2 and GCN won't need to patch their games.
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

rocket733 wrote:If xobx companies need to patch their games it just goes to show the lack of quality that goes into creating xbox games. I'm pretty sure that PS2 and GCN won't need to patch their games.
Well there have already been two patches for UT2003 on PC, and Unreal Champtionship is based on the same Unreal Technology found in UT2003 and Unreal II.

I think DE is doing this to see if it can actually be done.