Unreal Tournament vs. Quake III: Arena

Discuss video games from NES to PS2 to PC to whatever.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, DADINK13, fuuucckkers

UT vs. Q3A

Unreal Tournament
60%
Quake III: Arena
No votes
I Like Them Both Equally
30%
I Hate Them Both Equally
10%

Total votes: 10

DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Unreal Tournament vs. Quake III: Arena

Post by DADINK13 »

Which game do you like better?

For me, it depends on my mood. Both games are equally satisfying in my mind. But if I want a hardcore fragfest, I'll load up Q3A, load up a board with about 6 bots, and go crazy. Gibs everywhere...mmm... :P

However, if I want an equally hardcore fragfest, I can do the same with UT--so it's hard to decide. But I love them both. 8)
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

actually unreal seems better to me for some reason...... maybe its just that unreal has too much of a....... video game feel as opposed to unreal......... well actually i dont know how to explain it, but yeah..... thats my final answer :P

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

Plasma2002b wrote:actually unreal seems better to me for some reason...... maybe its just that unreal has too much of a....... video game feel as opposed to unreal......... well actually i dont know how to explain it, but yeah..... thats my final answer :P
So you like Unreal over Unreal because Unreal has more of a video game feel as opposed to Unreal huh? :wink:
skudz
Addict
Addict

Post by skudz »

DADINK13 wrote:
Plasma2002b wrote:actually unreal seems better to me for some reason...... maybe its just that unreal has too much of a....... video game feel as opposed to unreal......... well actually i dont know how to explain it, but yeah..... thats my final answer :P
So you like Unreal over Unreal because Unreal has more of a video game feel as opposed to Unreal huh? :wink:
aha, well i voted for UT because it just seems the AI seems better in it and the graphics run a lot smoother for me, and the bunch of different game play options.... makes me like UT more.
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

lmao! :lol:

lol.... you know what i mean.....

fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

Oh...god. Don't even make me get started.

I bet you didn't know that UT2k3 is based on the Quake3 engine, did you?
Yep it's true. My friend has an unnoffical E3 UT2k3 'Leak'... and playing the game.. you can actually enter the weapon names in the '~' console thingy.. and get Quake3 weapons. :D
DADINK13

Post by DADINK13 »

xWastedMindx wrote:Oh...god. Don't even make me get started.

I bet you didn't know that UT2k3 is based on the Quake3 engine, did you?
This I'm gonna have to see to believe, because when I was comparing the Unreal engine with the Unreal Warfare engine (the one powering UT2k3), I see that they are laid out exactly the same--with the exact same files in the exact same locations, the same folders in the same exact locations, and so forth. If you can find this link, I wanna see this for myself.

Or maybe DE just put in the Quake weapons as a gag? Because there really isn't much that the engines have similiar--not even console commands.
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

Well, if you wanna get technical... it's a modified Quake3 engine. They tweaked the graphics quite heavily..and revamped the AI. I'm sure they changed the console commands as well. But as I said..the was an E3 (Electronics Entertainment Expo) Unofficial leak. It wasnt suppose to be released. Actually now that I think about it, there was an article online..that said ATI put it on the net.
DADINK13

Post by DADINK13 »

Well, I'll start doing some looking around myself. If you can find this, PLEASE let me know. IM me or just leave it here on the board.
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

Here's an article on the leak hitting the net:

http://www.geek.com/news/geeknews/2002j ... 012173.htm
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

did you know half life was also heavily modified quake engine?

seems quake is the base of all 3d life here :)

DADINK13

Post by DADINK13 »

Plasma2002b wrote:did you know half life was also heavily modified quake engine?
Yes, that I did know. Heavily modified 'Quake' engine with skeletal animation, a scripting engine, and much better, module-based AI.
Plasma2002b wrote:seems quake is the base of all 3d life here
Only because John Carmack is a God when it comes to building a 3D engine. 8)
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

Goto http://www.sharereactor.com
I'll just provide you the link though..
http://sharereactor.com/release.php?id=1832

Then go and get eDonkey2000 - P2P program.
http://edonkey2000.com/downloads.html

Click the links on the Sharereactor Website.. and it will automatically load into the Donkey.

This is the playable E3 Demo..and I beleive the one that got leaked.
If you know the Q3 console commands..they'll work in the console for this game as well.

There are screen shots on different websites..but not showing anything exciting ..just the gameplay.
DADINK13

Post by DADINK13 »

xWastedMindx wrote:This is the playable E3 Demo..and I beleive the one that got leaked.
If you know the Q3 console commands..they'll work in the console for this game as well.
lol, I'll be sure to check this out--or at least get somebody else to do it for me. I have a thing about downloaded beta software--ESPECIALLY games. I'll see if I can get a friend to install that demo--he doesn't give a sh1t if he f*cks up his computer...I do. :wink:
Jon8RFC
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by Jon8RFC »

x Wasted Mind x wrote:Well, if you wanna get technical... it's a modified Quake3 engine. They tweaked the graphics quite heavily..and revamped the AI. I'm sure they changed the console commands as well. But as I said..the was an E3 (Electronics Entertainment Expo) Unofficial leak. It wasnt suppose to be released. Actually now that I think about it, there was an article online..that said ATI put it on the net.
i just did a search to see if anybody mentioned quake, cause that's my game of choice, and found this thread and a few others :D...

yeah ATI leaked DOOM III too haha, theyre just a bad company like that hehe...