Failed Products Made By The Top Dogs

Discuss video games from NES to PS2 to PC to whatever.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, DADINK13, fuuucckkers

Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Re: Failed Products Made By The Top Dogs

Post by Plasma2002b »

[quote="aclauser"]
4. DD64/quote]

wait.... what was the DD64 again? :-?

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

Plasma2002b wrote:wait.... what was the DD64 again? :-?
It was gonna be disc-drive add-on for the N64. Hardware problems and expensive manufacturing stopped it before it even hit the market.

The only console to really take advantage of its external connector was the Sega Genesis with the Sega-CD. Your NES has an external connector, SNES's have them, even PlayStations have them, but I think that GameSharks use that connector on the PSone.
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

DADINK13 wrote:
Plasma2002b wrote:wait.... what was the DD64 again? :-?
It was gonna be disc-drive add-on for the N64. Hardware problems and expensive manufacturing stopped it before it even hit the market.

The only console to really take advantage of its external connector was the Sega Genesis with the Sega-CD. Your NES has an external connector, SNES's have them, even PlayStations have them, but I think that GameSharks use that connector on the PSone.
Actually the N64DD was released in Japan only. I was waiting for one so bad ..there was suppose to be an expansion pack disk thingy for Super Mario 64.. but unfortunately it didnt make it to the States. And it's actually very rare.. you can't even find it online..