The Fast and the Furious 2

Books, Movies, Music, TV, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, DADINK13, fuuucckkers

Gohan
Just Registered
Just Registered

The Fast and the Furious 2

Post by Gohan »

In december 2002 they started filming the sequal to FAF. it's comming to theaters in june 6 this year, any of you guys looking forward to seeing it? i'll probably post spy photos of the movie from a site i saw.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

I am not for one reason... The lead actor is not in this one (Vin Diesel).
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

WHAT!??

wtf?? how can he not be in it :evil:

the movie left off with him goin to mexico and stuff.... that should be the basis of the sequal!

how could they do that..... dumbarse producers

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

According to http://www.thefastandthefurious.net (unofficial site)
The Fast and the Furious 2 is going into high gear at Universal! According to today's Variety, the studio and the film's producer Neal H. Moritz have hired screenwriters Michael Brandt and Derek Haas to pen a draft of the street-racing sequel.

Brandt and Haas previously scripted the TBS original movie Invincible, starring Billy Zane. The duo also recently sold a spec script called The Courier to Intermedia, and did a rewrite on The Watchmen for Franchise Pictures.

Uni had already brought on Gary Scott Thompson, one of the writers of the original, to develop his version of the sequel. As actor Paul Walker has previously said in online interviews, the filmmakers are working on three different ideas for the sequel. They're going to develop multiple scripts and then pick the best elements to decide on the final story.

No details were available on the project, except that the sequel, like the original, is set in the street racing culture. There's no word on whether or not the principle cast will all be returning, but Vin Diesel and Paul Walker seem like "must haves."

The Fast and the Furious was the sleeper hit of the summer in 2001. The film cost just $38 million to make, and ended up grossing over $145 million in North America alone.

Also according to http://comingsoon.net -- this is the plot summary.
http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/f/fast ... rious2.php
Paul Walker returns as former cop Brian O'Conner who teams up with his ex-con pal Roman Pearce (Tyrese) to transport a shipment of 'dirty' money for shady Miami-based import-export dealer Carter Verone (Hauser), while actually working with undercover agent Monica Clemente (Mendes) to bring Verone down.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Plasma2002b wrote:WHAT!??

the movie left off with him goin to mexico and stuff.... that should be the basis of the sequal!

Very simple Vin Diesel is thinks that he is worth more then what they can afford to pay him (did you know the director of this is the director of XXX too (that will have a sequal with him))?
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
punkster103
Addict
Addict

Post by punkster103 »

Plasma2002b wrote:WHAT!??

FATF2 = Crap
Prouderesterest Moderator of the Schwippy.com forums.
Look! I can make an egg stand up on the first day of spring and winter! Can you? :D
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

well look at some of hte other movies the made sequal that should never have had them made.

JAWS 2-4
Jarisic park
Dumb and Dumberer
Rocky movies (what number did they stop one)
and the list goes on
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

I don't think that very many movies can come out with more then one of the movie, however there are some. Look at Star Wars and Star Trek (even though they have diffrent title they are the same movie). Also look at the T1 and T2, and soon T3 movies.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Moon Child
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Moon Child »

From what I heard, Diesel asked for way too much money to do the sequel. I also had heard somewhere that the director from the first one wasn't going to do the sequel without Diesel. Rob Cohen was the director for FATF, XXX, and XXX2 (Triple-X Squared). FATF2 is directed by John Singleton.

It does not surprise me though that they had a script ready to go without Diesel's character. From the way the first movie ended, I could tell that the sequel, which the ending left it obvious that there was one in the plans, be focused on Walker's character either way. I'm refering to the last scene before the credits.

Here is a source of info on XXX2 that I found http://www.thezreview.co.uk/comingsoon/x/xxx2.shtm. From the sounds of it, they are planning on making XXX a series, yet in the words of Rob Cohenon the previously mentioned site,
I'm dedicated to the idea that there'll be no template for [agent] XXX. Xander's adventures will always be different. It will not be going to another foreign place and having another exotic villain.

You know the Bond template, which is basically, James Bond stops a man or woman who would like to dominate the world from succeeding in eight to 10 beautiful, exotic locations, and eight to 10 different beautiful, exotic bodies and bedrooms. It's a beautiful formula and it's worked magnificently for 40 years.

[But] I would like you to come to XXX squared, as I call it, [in which you'll] think you're going to see the NSA and another Xander-defeats-the-bad-guys-in-strange-locales, and in fact I have something very different in mind. And so the hope is this series will not have a rubber stamp quality. It will in fact, almost be a different genre of movie each time.
jester22c

Post by jester22c »

Timelessblur wrote:well look at some of hte other movies the made sequal that should never have had them made.

JAWS 2-4
Jarisic park
Dumb and Dumberer
Rocky movies (what number did they stop one)
and the list goes on
I'm not so sure about all of that now...

Jaws I can definately agree with... one giant shark is enough.

Jurrasic Park however... you obviously did not read the book if you're making that statement. The Lost World (the book) was incredible! The movie got a bit cheesey for my taste but I'm glad they at least gave it a shot.

Dumb and Dumber (the first one) is my favorite comedy of all time. I'm very glad they're making another one. I do wish they made the sequel a few years ago when they started it; and I do hope that they don't screw this prequel up... but I'm glad they're giving it a shot none the less.

I like Rocky... but I'm glad they stopped when they did, and that was perhaps a bit much. The first 3 though are alright in my book.
:D
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

jester22c wrote:Jurrasic Park however... you obviously did not read the book if you're making that statement. The Lost World (the book) was incredible! The movie got a bit cheesey for my taste but I'm glad they at least gave it a shot.
"The Lost Word" (the movie) was nothing more than a rip of King Kong. Quick synopsis:

1) group goes to island of monsters
2) group captures monster
3) group puts monster on display in big city
4) monster gets loose and runs amok through the city
5) monster gets shot, and sent back

How much more King-Kongy can you get?
jester22c

Post by jester22c »

All I can say is read the book. The movie was crap compared to it.
:D
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

jester22c wrote:All I can say is read the book. The movie was crap compared to it.
lol, I read both Jurassic Park and The Lost World and I thought they were both great.

My latest undertaking of a book: The Fellowship of the Ring. God help me. :lol:
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

DADINK13 wrote:
jester22c wrote:All I can say is read the book. The movie was crap compared to it.
lol, I read both Jurassic Park and The Lost World and I thought they were both great.

My latest undertaking of a book: The Fellowship of the Ring. God help me. :lol:
If you're going to read LOTR books.. please tell me you're reading the original versions.. not the ones based after the movie. There is a difference between the two sets of books.
DADINK13

Post by DADINK13 »

xWastedMindx wrote:If you're going to read LOTR books.. please tell me you're reading the original versions.. not the ones based after the movie. There is a difference between the two sets of books.
Well my dad bought the box set that came with The Hobbit as well. They do have the covers from the movies..but I didn't know there was acutally a difference between the two.