Next Generation Console Names

Discuss video games from NES to PS2 to PC to whatever.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, DADINK13, fuuucckkers

Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Next Generation Console Names

Post by Plasma2002b »

If you were the creator or a new console system..... what would you call it? Would you go as far as just adding a number to the next version of it? (PS1, PS2, PS3...)

Or would you rename it evertime?

------------------------------------

id call mine Xention or sumthin along the sort...... lol... dunno y... jus sounds cool :P

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
rocket733

Post by rocket733 »

Personally I think it would depend upont the success of the previous console, for instance PS2 is enjoying tremendous popularity and high sales so if I were Sony I'd be sure to put Playstation in the name someplace and I would probably use Playstation 3 just so people know it's the next console and better than Playstation 2. In Nintendo's case I would rename their next system in order to try and get away from their image as a "kiddy" system. For Xbox I think Microsoft spent so much advertising money on the Xbox I would keep Xbox in the name, but I don't think that Xbox 2 would be quite the same as Playstation 3, I think something along the lines of Super Xbox (its corny) Xbox Advance (sounds Nintendoy) Xbox Ultra (sounds like a type of gas)
Matt

Post by Matt »

rocket733 wrote:I think something along the lines of Super Xbox (its corny) Xbox Advance (sounds Nintendoy) Xbox Ultra (sounds like a type of gas)
What about XBOX eXtreme? That sounds kinda cool...
-Matt
Timelessblur wrote:I only know 4 langueges. Engish, Band Engish, Really bad Engish and Timelessblurain
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

KooLTaB101 wrote:
rocket733 wrote:I think something along the lines of Super Xbox (its corny) Xbox Advance (sounds Nintendoy) Xbox Ultra (sounds like a type of gas)
What about XBOX eXtreme? That sounds kinda cool...
Why not just "xBox Xtreme?"
Matt

Post by Matt »

lol...thats what i originally meant. wow...shows how tired I am.
-Matt
Timelessblur wrote:I only know 4 langueges. Engish, Band Engish, Really bad Engish and Timelessblurain
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

Xbox^2 (Xbox squared)

maybe? lol, i dunno

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!