Phantom Game Console Revealed

Discuss video games from NES to PS2 to PC to whatever.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, DADINK13, fuuucckkers

DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Phantom Game Console Revealed

Post by DADINK13 »

From GameSpy Daily:
Infinium Labs Announces Plans For High Performance Game Console

New Gaming Console To Take Game Performance To Highest Level -
Bundled With More Games Than Any Competitor

Longboat Key, Florida – January 20, 2003 - A Tampa Bay area technology company, Infinium Labs Corporation, will develop and market a new game console that will outperform the XBOX, Sony Playstation II, and GameCube.

The company plans to market a high performance gaming console and delivery system to provide consumers with options and capabilities that are not available in today’s marketplace. The console will appeal to the hard-core gamer and the high end consumer electronic purchaser. This next generation game console provides a robust, fault tolerant delivery system that supports games on demand, game rentals, game demos, seamless upgrades and patch management. The game console is an “ALWAYS ON BROADBAND DEVICE.” It is easy enough for children to use independently yet so advanced it exceeds the needs of hard-core gamers.

Infinium Labs was formed by veteran entrepreneurs who have a successful track record in building large scale companies and advanced architectures for supporting massive eCommerce and enterprise applications. Combining skills from Telco, Data Communications, Digital Rights Management, Software Development and Security, the management team brings together a unique array of skills to develop the most robust next generation gaming console and delivery network on the market.

The Infinium Labs game console features a high tech design and offers ease of use for the variety of game players worldwide. The on-demand delivery system will appeal to hard-core gamers as well as casual users. The unique design architecture allows for delivery of a large number of games and the ability to participate in online massive multiplayer gaming. Key features include:

· Fastest console on the market

· Broadest selection of preloaded games

· Cross Platform capabilities

· State of the art design and architecture

· Advanced accessories and wireless capabilities

· Online connectivity for multi player gaming

· Seamless upgrades and patch management

· A multi tiered subscription service that meets the needs of casual, moderate and hard-core game players

· Demo games before purchasing or subscribing

· Games on demand

· Game Rentals

The advanced system provides game developers and publishers a secure and efficient software distribution system. Infinium Labs intends for game developers and publishers to reap greater profits using this new game delivery system.

Infinium Labs has engineered its prototypes and expects to unveil the new gaming console in March of 2003. The company intends to launch the game console to the U.S. consumer market by November 2003.

Infinium Labs has chosen Florida as its corporate headquarters. Florida has emerged as a leader in support of technology companies with its eFlorida initiative. Offices will also open soon in Silicon Valley and St. Louis, Missouri.

About Infinium Labs
Infinium Labs Corporation was formed in October 2002 as a global entertainment/gaming company. Infinium Labs’ mission is to market a gaming console and delivery system that will be the performance leader in the game playing entertainment industry. The company will market a robust game console that will appeal to a wide audience with its ease of use, quality assurance and robust delivery system. For more information, contact Steve Chilton at 877-485-5962 or visit www.infiniumlabs.com.
ImmortalDragon
Banned
Banned

Post by ImmortalDragon »

sounds good
But time flows like a river...
And history repeats...

http://boards.sytes.net
^^MY BOARDS^^
miikrr
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by miikrr »

XBOX, Sony Playstation II, and GameCube

Right there proves how false that article is. One, they said Sony Playstation II, no one says that. Two, they say XBOX and GameCube, not Microsoft XBOX and Nintendo GameCube, but they did say Sony Playstayon 'II'. If you know what I am getting at, they said the maker of the console for the Playstation 'II' but not for the XBOX and Gamecube. And it is non-beliveable by just using your common sense that this is not true.
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

Well, if you ask me, your common sense makes no sense whatsoever.

Did anybody understand what he said? :-?
tone
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by tone »

I definately didnt understand that at all. But i think what he was trying to get at was the article was false.
tone
miikrr
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by miikrr »

They said Sony Playstation II and no one says II. They said SONY, but not Microsoft and Nintendo infront of thier respective console. Is that so hard to understand?
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

From the looks of the website, it seems as if this company is very serious. But they are a 'startup' company...just emerging in 2003 into the console market.

They have no press releases.. but they do have a long list of events to be attending to. One of which is E3 (Electronics Entertainment Expo) May 13-15. But it's going to take a bit more than just some hype from a startup company..and some nice prototype console pictures to impress me. There are not developers signed up with this company yet.

I say BLAH! to this thing. There's no way that it's going to overtake Sony, and Nintendo .. hell even M$.
DADINK13

Post by DADINK13 »

Well basically you're just nitpicking at a typo. People call things by different names--that's just how it is.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Lets this company outperform Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft. Nothing will touch these giants no matter how big it is. The fact of the matter is without the marketing (power/money/company name) of Microsoft even the XBox would have died a slow and painful death.

Nothing can compeat against the established in this market, no matter how great and powerful. This same thing has happened before, and it will happen again. Just look at the Lynx, as far I remeber the Lynx had color while the Game Boy was still a green and black screen.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
rocket733

Post by rocket733 »

I understand and support what miikrr was saying. If these type of typos exist then this presents a very unprofessional look at this company. I'm pretty sure that most companies wouldn't make that kind of typo. Also in a couple of years the next gen consoles will be released by the big three and then this console will die, much like Dreamcast.
skudz
Addict
Addict

Post by skudz »

aclauser wrote:Lets this company outperform Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft. Nothing will touch these giants no matter how big it is. The fact of the matter is without the marketing (power/money/company name) of Microsoft even the XBox would have died a slow and painful death.

Nothing can compeat against the established in this market, no matter how great and powerful. This same thing has happened before, and it will happen again. Just look at the Lynx, as far I remeber the Lynx had color while the Game Boy was still a green and black screen.
thats what people said about Microsoft and the XBOX, but its right up there with Nintendo and Sony.
rocket733

Post by rocket733 »

Yeah, but Microsoft can afford to not profit from the Xbox division where as a new company can't.
DADINK13

Post by DADINK13 »

Basically Infium Labs is taking a huge gamble by doing what they're doing. IF they can pull it off, and I hope they can, we'll have a monster of a rival on the market.
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

Me I just do not see it happening. I noticed that only 2 game consels can realy ever be in the market at one time. Sony pushed out sega and either the Xbox or Nintendo going to disapear next (My guess in Nintendo because Micro has more money). But the only reason Sony and Micro soft could even get in to the market was because they are filthy rich and can afford to loss all that money. Plus they had a rep with programs and the it market world. This new complain just does not have the money to get into the market and complete wiht the big boys
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Sorry... Nintendo is going to stay put for a long time. They control a market that no other company controls in this industry... The kids... Now if Nintendo ever decides to grow up with that market that could make a huge dent in any company.

A) We know Nintendo can make kids games
B) We know Nintendo makes great games
C) Nintendo has great ideas
D) Nintendo fans are very loyal
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ