Your BEST Deathmatch Story

Discuss video games from NES to PS2 to PC to whatever.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, DADINK13, fuuucckkers

DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Your BEST Deathmatch Story

Post by DADINK13 »

What is your absolute best Deathmatch story? I'm sure there's people out there who have either played a frag-fest game with friends or online, and there has to be something that stands out in your memory. Whether it be Q3A, UT, UT2k3, Counter-Strike, or whatever else is out there that people play.

Let the sharing begin!

My best deathmatch story consists of me and one of my friends playing Q3A on my LAN. What he would do is actually bring is desktop over, and use my dad's monitor, keyboard, and mouse to play. Our games were very strict: 10 frags or 30 minutes. We implemented the time rule because once we were playing until 10 frags and it went on for over an hour. Our games were always one-point games. The final score would ALWAYS read either 10-9 or 9-10 depending on who won. Repedadly that would happen. We finally decided one night to play a "best of five" game. I won that by a hair. The games were constantly shifting from me winning, to him winning, back to me, and so forth. He had to easily be the hardest human player i've ever faced. And since we were playing on a private LAN with two very fast computers, our pings were less than 10ms.

It was the same with UT and Jedi Knight II. JK2 we played using lightsabers only, since I would always use the lightsaber when he least expected me to and some weapons couldn't be blocked by the lightsaber. It added an amazing twist on our intense deathmatch games.
jester22c

Post by jester22c »

I'm not much for deathmatch, but I do love playing CTF on Ultra Renegades Tribes 1. That is some serious action right there. Tribes is alot like ping pong. It can be very peaceful and slow paced or it can be lightning fast and cut throat. I play the later of the two.

One day a year or two ago I got home from class and needed to let off some steam. It had been a horrible day and I needed to shoot someone to make it better. When I joined the game it was evenly matched with 5 vs 5 (I was the 5th man). In tribes you get 1 point for a kill and 5 for a flag cap. After we had played for 3 minutes I was in the lead with 50 something lol. The next guy behind me was on the other team with about 20. To make it all the much better, I only capped the flag 3 times in that time span so 35 of those were kills. Soon after I commented on my score in the game two of my team mates switched teams. It was fine with me, I now had 7 moving targets to aim at. I maintained my lead throughout the game and then one of my other team mates dropped (left the game). It was me and some other guy vs all 7 of the other team. On a normal day we would have gotten toasted but I was wired and my adrenaline was flowing. When the game ended after 10 minutes (it was set a time limit) I had over 130 points. The leader of the other team had about 80 and the ranks below that were even less. Sounds far fetched I know, but after that day I've never underestimated adrenaline :D That was alot of fun!
:D
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

Well, I'm not one for deathmatches either..but one that definately stands out in my memory is playing Mario Kart 64, back on the Nintendo 64 with my friend.

He used to spend the night quite a bit..this was before I was into the whole PC craze. I was strictly consoles. Anyways, one night we sat up all night killing each other in Mario Kart 64 Multiplay (Split Screen Action :wink: ). Only problem was that he was a hell of a lot better than me... and he was killing me. We played for about 6 hours straight and our kill scores were about 45 - 80 .. with him beating me obviously.

That would have to be the most fun I've ever had playing Multiplay consoles before. :P