Desktop screen shots

Hardware, Software, Internet, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, Matt, jester22c

Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

You know long horn got me thinking. Windows has not change is basic formate in looks and what not since Windows 95. Same as Mac as not change there basic look since well the first mac I used that was I going to 10+ years ago. I must say I am glad they have not change there basic look and work not since them because it well works. I do think the new fs mangement system by MS has a lot of promise in it
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
Robpol86
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Robpol86 »

fine, "which 1 is the worst"?

yes, that new promising file system is half implemented in longhorn and loves eating resources. its called WinFS, which according to add/remove windows components, it stands for Windows File System (duh) but somewhere i saw Future System, i think its when outlook express tried to load. anyways, i had to uninstall that to get more speed. longhorn was also running slsvc.exe (Software Licensing Service), which was using 100% cpu. i got like 10% speed increase disabling that. i dont know what that was tho, maby the beginning of TCPA??
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

My thoughs on Longhorn and it new goodies is to hold off judgement on a lot of them simple because the OS is still in it alpha stages. Since it is so young I know it going to be heavyly loaded with bugs
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
Michael
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by Michael »

Timelessblur wrote:Same as Mac as not change there basic look since well the first mac I used that was I going to 10+ years ago.
OS X looks a good deal different that the earlier systems.
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »