Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

DADINK13 wrote:
aclauser wrote:A. Hold out and get sued / Keep members
B. Give infomation / Lose members
Addendum to A. Hold out and get sued / Keep members / Loose some money

Addendum to B. Give information / Loose menbers / Loose more money over time
That just goes to show you how little faith I have in corroprat america. The truth is compainy will go with the choices of what makes more money in the long run.
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

What I think is sort of funny about all this, is the secret revenues the RIAA recieves...and we aren't suppse to know about.

For every package of CD-R or CD-RW blank cd's.. the RIAA recieves about 5% from the actual retail price of the package of blanks.
That works out to quite a bit of money..considering all the blank CD's people buy nowadays.

Imation 700MB 48x CD-R Disc Spindle (100-pack) = $44.99 from Best Buy. Do the math... $44.99 * .05 (5%) = $2.25

Now lets say a million people buy just 1 pack of those blank CD's..
$2.25 * 1,000,000 = $2,249,500 :o

That's a lot of damn money the Recording Industry recieved off the sale of blank CD's!! Of course I'm not exactly sure of the percentage they recieve.. but I know it's somewhere around 2 to 5%.
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

xWastedMindx wrote:What I think is sort of funny about all this, is the secret revenues the RIAA recieves...and we aren't suppse to know about. That's a lot of damn money the Recording Industry recieved off the sale of blank CD's!! Of course I'm not exactly sure of the percentage they recieve.. but I know it's somewhere around 2 to 5%.
That's a lot of money. And then the recording industry complains that they are loosing money. If you ask me, I think they're full of crap.
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

Well in essence they are loosing money. Because if it weren't for the actual sales of CD's , the blank sales would be their only source of income.

When you buy a CD, First the store you purchased the CD from gets their share of the money, then the Recording Industry (RIAA), then the Record Label company, then the actual artist gets the last bit of money left over from an average CD price of about $13.

If you think about it.. that's not a lot of money to go around.
Moon Child
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Moon Child »

DADINK13 wrote:
maeg26 wrote:I do not see a problem with downloading a couple of songs here or there from the internet, as long as it isn't being used for profit.
I used the songs I download to burn to CD and play them over the air, since there are so many songs and I don't have as many CDs as I would want.
I don't see any problem with that. I don't see that as using it to make a profit. I see using to make a profit as in burning cds and then selling them.
Moon Child
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Moon Child »

The thing is, there is still those who would go out and by the original cd in a heartbeat, primarily because they don't want to "break the law" in order to obtain the music. But I can see what you mean though.

Here's a question for everyone. If you were a well known solo singer or a member of the group and someone downloaded your songs through Kazza or any of the other programs, what would your reaction be?
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

maeg26 wrote:The thing is, there is still those who would go out and by the original cd in a heartbeat, primarily because they don't want to "break the law" in order to obtain the music. But I can see what you mean though.

Here's a question for everyone. If you were a well known solo singer or a member of the group and someone downloaded your songs through Kazza or any of the other programs, what would your reaction be?
Well it depends.. from places like Kazaa, you can't get full albums (sometimes you can).. but just certain songs. So I would be all for it. I would say go ahead download and listen to some songs of mine. But I still would want people to buy the CD as well.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

maeg26 wrote:
Now I have two diffrent answers. If I was selling millions of cds a year, I would be all for Kazaa since money would be rolling in and I would not know what to even begin to do with it let alone more.

Now if I was some new guy selling only 100s of cds a year of course I would want people to only buy my cds.

Also I wish I could buy the cds directly from the artist... even if they would cost a little bit more (and that would not happen) because the last place I want to see my money going to is the RIAA.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

The RIAA has made a lot of problems in the music world. there was a great aritic in the houst paper a few days ago that explain a lot of it. (I got see if I can dig it up and post it.)
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas