what do you want to see in ps3?

Discuss video games from NES to PS2 to PC to whatever.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, DADINK13, fuuucckkers

ashtray
Addict
Addict

what do you want to see in ps3?

Post by ashtray »

1. more than two controller ports
please stop. now.
jester22c

Post by jester22c »

2. Built in capability for multiple optical outputs (playing multiplayer on multiple TVs instead of split screen) :D
:D
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

Wireless controllers, standard. (with rechargable batteries, of course)

Seems like the safest way to do this, right now, would be to have controllers that can be operated wireless or with cords (for recharging, or when you want to play while your battery is dead). Maybe just a cord that can be unplugged at both ends, with the controller operating wireless when it is unplugged.
-Ryan
Big-O Software
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

jester22c wrote:2. Built in capability for multiple optical outputs (playing multiplayer on multiple TVs instead of split screen) :D
Every system should have had that since the SNES, and its so lame no system has yet to implant this... even as a expensive add on (consumer add on).
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
skudz
Addict
Addict

Post by skudz »

internet rdy. ethernet port.
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

built-in hard drive
Moon Child
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Moon Child »

DADINK13 wrote:built-in hard drive
I totally agree. The only thing I don't like about the PS2 right now is the fact you have to have two different memory cards. One for the original games and one for PS2 games.
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

Backwards compatibility. It MUST play PSone and PS2 games.
rocket733

Post by rocket733 »

but the backwards compatibility for 2 generations is going to hamper the console because then they have to build on the origional architecture or essentially include a ps2 in each ps3, either way would either increase the cost or limit the console
BigHead
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by BigHead »

That is y i like Xbox
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

maeg26 wrote:
I totally agree. The only thing I don't like about the PS2 right now is the fact you have to have two different memory cards. One for the original games and one for PS2 games.
Of course, with the built-in hard drive, you still end up wanting a memory card eventually, if you want to take a game to a friend's house and play on your save (or with your unlocked goodies, etc). And with the Xbox that's actually a little cumbersome (when you want to take your save, you have to copy from HD->card, then when you want to play at your friends house, you have to copy to his HD before you start the game (and hope that he doesn't already have a save..).

That said, a HD is a must, I agree. :)

But I don't find backwards compatibility a must. It's been a nice bonus in the GBA and the PS2, but if it means any sacrifices whatsoever then I'd probably choose to go without. The fact is, there's a small mountain of consoles under my TV, having a PS2 and a PS3 isn't going to hurt it that much. :)
-Ryan
Big-O Software
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

Oh, built-in wireless networking would be awfully handy, too!
-Ryan
Big-O Software
rocket733

Post by rocket733 »

Yeah, But if you want it you can buy a D-link 810 http://www.dlink.com/products/wireless/dwl800ap+/ that adds wireless networking to your Xbox or PS2, all you do is hook it to the ethernet port and it connects to a wireless network if you have one. The only downside is that they're not exactly cheap at around 100 bucks (or somewhere near that).