"The Sickness"

Books, Movies, Music, TV, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, DADINK13, fuuucckkers

DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

"The Sickness"

Post by DADINK13 »

I just thought I'd let everybody know that I have a tape of my radio show "The Sickness" back up at school on WQKE. I intend on digitizing the tape and encoding it as an MP3 in the next week. It's a two-hour show, so that means the MP3 will be about 120Mb in size. If any of you guys with domains out there would like to host a copy of the show, get in touch with me via IM and I'll hook you up with the MP3 once I'm done with it.

It's not one of the best shows, but it'll give you an idea of just how crazy two guys from Long Island and one big guy are. :lol:

And we are:
Carl Viñas: master of the board, keeper of togetherness, keeper of the logs, and setter of the pace (that'd be me)
Dave Siegel: master ranter, storyteller, and local Jew
"Big" Chris Hunter: maker of witty and snide remarks, master of double-meanings, and owner of the best laugh ever

I'll keep you guys informed.

Peace! 8)
Last edited by DADINK13 on Mon Feb 03, 2003 7:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

I'd be intrested but I don't have a domain let alone the space.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Matt

Post by Matt »

I can't host it...but I want to view it...
-Matt
Timelessblur wrote:I only know 4 langueges. Engish, Band Engish, Really bad Engish and Timelessblurain
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

Okay, well I'm gonna start on the tape later tonight--it should take me about three hours total to record and process. Seeing how people would like to hear it, i'll get on it right away.

I'm still looking for somebody to host the file once it's done. Anybody willing?

EDIT: Just to let everybody know, I dubbed the show, and I'm gonna begin cleaning it up and such. This show gets hysterical in the bottom half of the 2nd hour. One of our friends calls us up, and while he was on the phone with us, he was getting head from his girlfriend! :o
It should be done sometime later tonight.
I'm still looking for a host. Matt (KooLTaB) is being na great help and asking Bryan Villarin if he could host the file once I finish it. Anybody else interested in hosting? Mirrors are always nice to have. :)
DADINK13

Post by DADINK13 »

Okay, just to update everybody on the status of the file:

I <explicitive deleted> the second side of the tape. I don't know how it happened, but I have to rerecord the second side of the tape. So this will take a bit longer than I had expected.

Still looking for a host.. :-?
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

There has got to be some weird website with a billion ads that you could host it on. I mean you want have to go to the web site its self right?
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
DADINK13

Post by DADINK13 »

aclauser wrote:There has got to be some weird website with a billion ads that you could host it on. I mean you want have to go to the web site its self right?
Well if all else fails, I may be able to set up some sort of shoutcast server on my machine, but I don't know if shoutcasting will work since I am behind a firewall. The original idea was to have the MP3 available for download.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

How big is the file (about) going to be?
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
DADINK13

Post by DADINK13 »

aclauser wrote:How big is the file (about) going to be?
Well, if I encode at 128k/sec it'll be about 120Mb.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

... So much for my idea ...
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
DADINK13

Post by DADINK13 »

BIG UPDATE!!

I got a host. Bryan Villarin has graciously agreed to host the file for one week once I finish with it. He'll be monitoring the bandwith however, so if it gets out of hand, he'll pull the plug on it. So please, don't go crazy downloading it--I want to spread "The Sickness" to as many people as possible, so please use discretion when downloading it. I think everybody (including myself) should give Bryan a huge thank you for doing this for me.

Bryan, you kick major ass. You rock dude! 8)

It should be done sometime tonight. I'll post the link once I finish. :D
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Bryan is so awsome. Time after time he does things for people with nothing expected in return. Words can't even describe it, and as if being extreamly nice was not enough he runs a great small (but very smart) forum
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
DADINK13

Post by DADINK13 »

Well I have a status update:

Last night the file was uploading, and the connection got closed. So I just started uploading it again.. :roll:

If it doesn't screw up, it should be done in about two hours.
DADINK13

Post by DADINK13 »

BIG UPDATE!!
"The Sickness" is now online at BTVillarin.com. The file has now finished uploading, and is ready for the masses. Go get it at:

http://www.btvillarin.com/dadink13/wqke.mp3

Now just remember that Bryan has graciously hosted this file for me. Please thank him for doing such a thing. And remember, if the downloading of it gets out of hand and eats too much of his bandwith, he'll pull the plug.

This fourm will remain open for any feedback. Let me know what you think. Now, go..spread the sickness! 8)

Stupid Statistics:
Total Editing Time: about five hours
Tools used: Cool Edit Pro 2.0, Sound Forge 6.0b
Compression Algorithm: MPEG-Layer 3, 128kbit/sec
Filesize: 106Mb
File Length: 1:55:48
Number of times I swore while editing: I lost count after about fifty.
Last edited by DADINK13 on Sat Jan 25, 2003 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

DADINK13 wrote:
aclauser wrote:How big is the file (about) going to be?
Well, if I encode at 128k/sec it'll be about 120Mb.
Wow. It is officaly 106 MBs. Thats was a good guess.

Thanks Bryan for hosting and thanks Carl for editing it.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ