Metroid Movie!?

Books, Movies, Music, TV, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, DADINK13, fuuucckkers

DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Metroid Movie!?

Post by DADINK13 »

From Planet GameCube:
News Article: Metroid Movie in the Works
News Date: 01/22/2003
Source: Variety.com
Link: http://www.variety.com
As long as Fred Savage isn't in the movie, it's probably going to be a hit.

Discuss it in Talkback!

Variety.com is reporting that Hollywood producers Warren Zide and Craig Perry (whose credits include Final Destination and American Pie) have acquired the rights to make a movie based on Nintendo's Metroid game series. The producing duo is currently seeking out writers, directors, and some actors and actresses to fill out the roles of all involved. Here's the preliminaries, courtesy of Variety:

The story is set in a once peaceful galaxy, which has its prosperity shattered by a startling discovery: On a routine mapping expedition of a planet, a survey crew discovers a new airborne life form -- the Metroid. Able to engulf other living beings, feed on their energy, and multiply in great numbers, they prove a terrifying menace. Female bounty hunter Samus Aran is commissioned by the Galactic Federation to eliminate the pests, but she soon discovers that pirates with a stolen Metroid specimen are plotting to breed an build an unstoppable army.

No other information has been revealed about the film other than this small tidbit. Of course, when we learn more about the Metroid movie, we'll be the first to inform you about it.
You can read the whole article here if you want.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

I am excited and scared all at once.

I hope Nintendo has some sort of way to stop it if they think it would flop. I bet it would be good if not very though. Has Nintendo given rights to any other movies (other then Mario)?
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

aclauser wrote:I am excited and scared all at once.

I hope Nintendo has some sort of way to stop it if they think it would flop. I bet it would be good if not very though. Has Nintendo given rights to any other movies (other then Mario)?
If it's any indication from the movie Super Mario Bros that premiered back in 1993.. Metroid is going to suck just as bad as Mario. :-?
I hope not though.. I dont wanna see Metroid get ruined as Mario did.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

I say if you still can pull the contract Nintendo... NOW!
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

Hey I happen to like the super marrio brother movie. I had wished that made a seacond. I more afraid if they try to do it they will flop. Come on meatrod does not have the story line to truely pull it off (now when the made Resident evil that was not to bad and the game has a really good story line to it)
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

Timelessblur wrote:Hey I happen to like the super marrio brother movie. I had wished that made a seacond. I more afraid if they try to do it they will flop. Come on meatrod does not have the story line to truely pull it off (now when the made Resident evil that was not to bad and the game has a really good story line to it)
I thought it was terrible. How could John Leguizamo--a skinny Puerto Rican--portray an Italian? He's got a noticeable accent. It didnt work at all.
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

Timelessblur wrote:now when the made Resident evil that was not to bad and the game has a really good story line to it
Resident Evil the movie was freakin cool..and the way it ended.. there will definately be a sequel.
DADINK13

Post by DADINK13 »

Well getting back on topic..

What leading lady would play our favorite heroine? She needs to be tall and blonde...but still feminine....

Any suggestions?
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

I wonder if they would reveal her as a girl at the start or at the very end.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
DADINK13

Post by DADINK13 »

aclauser wrote:I wonder if they would reveal her as a girl at the start or at the very end.
Well seeing how every Metroid player knows that Samus is a woman, I don't see why they'd hide who it is from us.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Well it depends on which game this is based on (or if its not based on one of the actuall games). It could be pretty hard to hide that she is a women in the movie anyways.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
DADINK13

Post by DADINK13 »

Well anyways..back on the topic of who should play Samus..

I think that somebody unknown should play her. Provided the movie is good (may God strike down the director who makes a crappy Metroid movie), this movie could launch her career. :D
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

DADINK13 wrote:Well anyways..back on the topic of who should play Samus..

I think that somebody unknown should play her. Provided the movie is good (may God strike down the director who makes a crappy Metroid movie), this movie could launch her career. :D
I definately agree. If whoever plans to film this so-called movie...they better do a damn good job.
DADINK13

Post by DADINK13 »

xWastedMindx wrote:I definately agree. If whoever plans to film this so-called movie...they better do a damn good job.
Let's see...what current acresses could play Samus...hmm....I can't think of anybody that's tall, blonde and very hot. :P

Anybody?