Offline Messaging

Request features that you'd like to see in future versions of AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Leah-la

Post by Leah-la »

I think maybe a more feasible feature would be something that would save a message on your computer, and like pop up on the screen when you sign on, or when the desired recipient signs on. Am I being clear? It would be like a little save button on the IM box or something that would save the message and bring it back up at an appropriate time. I know this isn't exactly the same idea, but since it has nothing to do with servers, it seems much simpler. I hope I stated that well...
"Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggie' until you find a rock" -Unknown
--------------------------------------------------------
Leah-la
tone
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by tone »

very nice thought...it sounds useful and i would use it for sure
tone
nybbles
Addict
Addict

Post by nybbles »

Leah-la wrote:I think maybe a more feasible feature would be something that would save a message on your computer, and like pop up on the screen when you sign on, or when the desired recipient signs on. Am I being clear? It would be like a little save button on the IM box or something that would save the message and bring it back up at an appropriate time. I know this isn't exactly the same idea, but since it has nothing to do with servers, it seems much simpler. I hope I stated that well...
Now there is something I would use. If I understand correctly, you type a message and it would automatically send it (or remind you to send it) when the desired buddy signed on. One fallback though, is that you would have to have AIM signed on 24/7, or the person would not get the message until both of you were signed on at the same time. Still a great idea.
tone
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by tone »

yeah thats iis the problem but for those of us like me who have cable and DSL and all that are signed on 24/7 anyway so that would be good for me
tone
bryan988
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by bryan988 »

Would you beable to make it so that if you are away and a specific person signs on... it automatically IM's them like maybe to tell them to stay on until you get back? I really need this incase I am not there but i need to ask someone something, and then by the time I get back they arent on anymore. Thanks