SimCity 4

Discuss video games from NES to PS2 to PC to whatever.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, DADINK13, fuuucckkers

fuuucckkers

SimCity 4

Post by fuuucckkers »

Now that SimCity 4 has been out for almost 2 weeks, what does everyone think about it??
Only those that have played the game should actually comment.
(No point in making useless comments and ranting a game if you've never played it. Those comments just get ignored anyways) :wink:

------
Me I think the game is completely awesome! The graphics couldn't be better.. What really hooked me, is not even the actual gameplay. Before you play the game, you're in a God Mode where you get to completely Terraform the land (free of charge, older SimCity games always made you pay for it). And you can even add wildlife and animals to the land. Add mountains, gullys, rivers, gorges, valleys, cliffs, oceans, islans..

It's great!! :cheesy:
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

:o

I totally forgot it came out!! I am a HUGE SimCity fan. I've been playing SimCity since the late 80s when it first came out.

Must....buy...Sim.....City!!! :twisted:
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

What are some of the newthings in Sim city 4. sim 2000 was really cool but I never go to play sim 3000. (Some how if I get sim 4 I prouble start playing it class on my laptop when it a bigg NO NO
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

Well.. let's see. Aside from having very very details graphics..down to people getting in their car, and driving to and from work on a day-to-day basis .. it's very different than SimCity 2000 and 3000/Unlimited.

Let see.. what's new. Here's a screenshot of Terraforming the land in God Mode.

And here's what the actual game looks like. I'm not sure if it looks any better on the high res video cards, but it looks like this picture on my GeForce2mx.

Here's whats new.

disasters -- Not only can you unleash all new disasters, you get to control them! Want a tornado to rip through the nice new Residental neighborhood?? Just a few clicks and the tornado follows your mouse.

Want Giant Steel Robots to terrorize the city? click on an Industrial building and watch it get ripped apart.

How about Flames to sweep through the city, or a Volcano to erupt in the middle of the city and watch the lava flow through the city streets as your Sims run for their lives!! :) That's the majority of the disasters, there a few more (Lightning bolts, and earthquakes.)

Traffic - Night / Day
Another new feature is the ability to make your sims feel more alive. If you set Night/Day.. Sims come alive early morning.. rush hour traffic hits the streets toward the Industrial sector/commercialized areas..and then in the evening rush hour traffic heads the other direction back to their homes. Oh, and one major factor of the traffic. If you've ever played the game called Black and White? The AI for the traffic in SimCity 4 is the same team that created the AI for your godly creature in B&W. :wink:

What else... oh yeah!!

My Sim Mode
Another little neat feature.. that I haven't yet to experiement with is that you can actually place SIMS in your city, and watch their daily life. To and from work, to the grocery store. Friends come over..and so on. You cant actully interact with them, but you get to pick out 5 families in total, and pick their appearances..(race, gender), and watch them live out their life in your city! :)

Another cool feature that sort of goes along with the Disasters is the Dispatch mode. If one of your buildings catch on fire, you have to dispatch the fire dept, and you can actually watch the animated firetruck drive to the building..3 little guys get out, and spray water on the building.

I think the overall best new feature in the game is the different Regions.
You are no longer limited to just one mass of land, and have to start over after each city is complete. You get to choose a region of real land (Berlin, California? and so on.) Then you pick any little plot of land within the region and build a city there. After you have ..lets say 2 cities built and functioning to capacity..start a new one, and set up trade with a previous city you built yourself. But their's no need to manage the previous cities..the computer takes over and all you have to worry about is your current city. You can set up trade deals with the other lands you built upon, (Water, electricty, garbage).. just as in SimCity3000. Sell your other city garbage..and they give you money. If your other city wants to sell you water? No problem. Just give them some moeny...I think you get the idea though.

I think that about covers it. I highly recommend getting and playing this game! It's well worth your money!! :D

Even http://www.gamespot.com gives this game an 8.4 on their scale. Which is GREAT according to them! :D
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

x Wasted Mind x wrote:My Sim Mode
Another little neat feature.. that I haven't yet to experiement with is that you can actually place SIMS in your city, and watch their daily life. To and from work, to the grocery store. Friends come over..and so on. You cant actully interact with them, but you get to pick out 5 families in total, and pick their appearances..(race, gender), and watch them live out their life in your city! :)
In other words, they managed in incorporate The Sims into the game. I didn't care much for that game all that much, but I did enjoy it. So that's kinda cool actually.

I'll be sure to pick up SC4 when I get Unreal 2, which should be hitting shelves next week.
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

Hmm I may have to buy it now. Normal when I get bored with a city I try to destory it by destor after derstor
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

Ok I have got the game today. I have not had a chance to put it on my computer yet. I also got a add on for it that give me more transportion stuff for it. That add on I shouldnt of gotten because only people who pre-order the game were sopposed to get it but EA had so many extra copies of this the guy just gave me one for Free. Woo Hoo now I need to start testign the gmae
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

lol... i just saw a commercial for it on tv a few days ago..... pretty cool commercial :)

the guy is playin god i guess... lol, ya know.... raise the hand, a mountain pops up :P

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
Matt

Post by Matt »

Looks like an awesome game! I'll be sure to check it out! I love all those new features...it'll make the game a whole lot more fun.
-Matt
Timelessblur wrote:I only know 4 langueges. Engish, Band Engish, Really bad Engish and Timelessblurain
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

I'm glad everyone seems to like the game! :P The only downside to actually playing is that it's hard as hell to make money. I havent figured out how to make money yet.. (well make money yes.. but actually turn a profit at the end of the year, NO).

But luckily my friend has the official Prima Strategy Guide.. I may just borrow that from him. :)
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

I almost got taht stagic guild to day. Hell it like the other sim city2000 games where it was hard as hell to make money at first but by late game it easy. I rember I had one city I call Jeromivilli or something. By the time I got bored with that city it was bring a few mill a year. I had another city that I quite using because I could not get an army base in it but it most likely was my best city ever with an eq of 125 and bring in a lot each year. So I will to bet sim 4 is like that but it hard to make money until the city is off the ground
DADINK13

Post by DADINK13 »

Strategy guide for a sim game??

Bah.. :roll:
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

I thumb though it. It has a guild on how to do it. plus were you should be by so and so years. I think money a hard ot come by until you get over 10,000 people
DADINK13

Post by DADINK13 »

I've been playing SimCity since SimCity Classic for my old 286, and I've never had much of a problem with money--even in SimCity 3000. It all depends on how well you can plan your cities out.
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

DADINK you need to get the game and help us out. (the only problem is it cost 50 bucks. THe reason I got mine to day was I was having a bad day and wanted a pick me up. Of course that does not help my bank acound any but still.)