Where You Rock!!

Hardware, Software, Internet, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, Matt, jester22c

jester22c

Post by jester22c »

All of your desks are extremely clean compared to mine... extremely...
:D
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

Plasma how did you get such a collection of anitna balls.

Speacking of desk it does not truely matter to much on what type of desk it is as long as it set up to you personly style and fits you personlyity. hell the desk in my room is a old cheap computer desk. But it set up to my style and has nick nacks that fit me on it.
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

Timelessblur wrote:Plasma how did you get such a collection of anitna balls.

heh....... how do ya think?

i 'collected' the most awesome ones i saw..... lol.... i got some pretty nice ones too.... :) a few of the cool ones were the 8-ball... the happy faces ones..... an aviator one..... and more......

lol.... it was fun while i still collected em :P

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
harra
Veteran
Veteran

Post by harra »

My dad used to have a sign on his desk that read:

"A cluttered desk is the sign of a brilliant mind"

I probably have the most "ingenious" desk yet. I bought a 36" solid-core door from Lowe's (or Home Depot, I don't remember) and I prop it up on an old wood bedfram that I have. It is pretty much supported by the headboard and footboard. That sucker can hold a ton of weight. Plus, it's easy to transport. If company is coming over and we are desperate for another bed and the guest bed is already occupied, I just need to remove the contents of the desk, pull off the door and drop a mattress in the frame
jester22c

Post by jester22c »

Lol... well if that's the case then you'll all probably hear from me in the weekly science journal sometime... or maybe when I win my nobel haha.
:D
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Um... My "desk" is very intresting... A book shelf (being used as a book shelf :o ), a computer monitor box, with a cylinder block on it (to add height), a rolling tv stand with cylinder box (height), a filling cabinet for the cpu (its not a tower), and monitor), a cabinet that sits on the floor for storage, and the keyboard/desk area. I then have a beat up old couch for the chair (even though it looks like trash it is quite comfortable). I then have a old cut out freezer (or maybe its a fridge) for working space, and I almost forgot a cpu box that my printer sits on.

It does look like a complete mess, but it does its job quite well for about $5, and that only is because of the bookcase. Everything else is just stuff laying around the basement, not being used, and since no one cares what the basement looks like it's fine. I might even argue it does a better job then some $100 desks.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

lol... sw00t......

i gotta see a picture of that :)

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
Michael
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by Michael »

My friend Tim's old computer desk was a dresser. :) He had his iMac on top, and the mouse and keyboard in the top drawer.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Fear my setup. Also I have 2 more pics at http://www.phasedma.com/anthony/pc , and a unedited one of the one below:

PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

I think you win the award for "The Most Ghetto Workstation" lol..

Lets see, cinder blocks, an open PC case, and an old-ass laptop. lol....can't beat a cinder block. Good job! :cheesy:
Robpol86
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Robpol86 »

whats that big white thing in the bottom right part of the pic holding up that open comp and laptop? a broken fridge?
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Robpol86 wrote:whats that big white thing in the bottom right part of the pic holding up that open comp and laptop? a broken fridge?
Um... My "desk" is very intresting... A book shelf (being used as a book shelf ), a computer monitor box, with a cylinder block on it (to add height), a rolling tv stand with cylinder box (height), a filling cabinet for the cpu (its not a tower), and monitor), a cabinet that sits on the floor for storage, and the keyboard/desk area. I then have a beat up old couch for the chair (even though it looks like trash it is quite comfortable). I then have a old cut out freezer (or maybe its a fridge) for working space, and I almost forgot a cpu box that my printer sits on.

It does look like a complete mess, but it does its job quite well for about $5, and that only is because of the bookcase. Everything else is just stuff laying around the basement, not being used, and since no one cares what the basement looks like it's fine. I might even argue it does a better job then some $100 desks.
;)
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Robpol86
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Robpol86 »

damn this is old! well i was bored so ill update. not much diff but eh...
oddly, my camera got better sumhow. it use 2 b crappy but now its alot better
Attachments
room (05-19-03).jpg
room (05-19-03).jpg (89.83 KiB) Viewed 41198 times
Anonymity

Post by Anonymity »

i have two more desks. one with an iBook on it. i have another windows laptop that is being used by someone. Image
Michael
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by Michael »

Whew! Another Mac user! :-D