Away message checker

Request features that you'd like to see in future versions of AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Post by Guest »

Is it possible to have an away message window which would display the away messages for all of your buddies that are away? I'm always checking away messages, but to have to go to each one and get member info can be a pain sometimes. Very cool program, by the way.
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

This is a cool idea for everyone obsessed with checking away messages ... I know some people who live and die wondering where other people are :).

Post by Guest »

i am pretty obsessed with away messages:) i think they're always fun to read, i like to read ones that are funny. checking away messages isn't feasible, is it? there is the rate limiting situation, which, checking more than 5 or 6 at a time will make it limit you, and you have to wait your 1/2 minute or whatever the timeout is. i see this feature as being implausible, unless there is a way to get around rate limiting.
joshbrown
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by joshbrown »

[quote="Anonymous"]
i am pretty obsessed with away messages:) i think they're always fun to read, i like to read ones that are funny. checking away messages isn't feasible, is it? there is the rate limiting situation, which, checking more than 5 or 6 at a time will make it limit you, and you have to wait your 1/2 minute or whatever the timeout is. i see this feature as being implausible, unless there is a way to get around rate limiting.
[/quote]
thats mine too, guess i should have made the account BEFORE replying to messages:)
Michelle Lee
Just Registered
Just Registered

triple-click to access

Post by Michelle Lee »

What about simply having a faster way to access profiles, like triple-clicking on a screen name in the buddy list? Even if they'd still open in individual windows, I think it'd be a step up from right clicking and then mousing around to "Get Buddy Info" on the menu. Rate limiting wouldn't be a bigger problem than it already is.

...or is there already some better way that I've failed to pick up on?
jester22c

Post by jester22c »

I was unaware that there was a limit on checking profiles ??? I've never come across this.

Instead of having a separate window for away messages (would get annoying) I think having the away message displayed on mouse over would be good. Some how not with the other info though, on a separate little thing that pops up over to the left. Hmm I like this idea :)
:D
Anthony

Re: triple-click to access

Post by Anthony »

Michelle Lee wrote:What about simply having a faster way to access profiles, like triple-clicking on a screen name in the buddy list? Even if they'd still open in individual windows, I think it'd be a step up from right clicking and then mousing around to "Get Buddy Info" on the menu. Rate limiting wouldn't be a bigger problem than it already is.

...or is there already some better way that I've failed to pick up on?
You could just click on the screen name then click the info button (its fast enough for me) but i guess for some people thats not even fast enough (triple click hmmm....)
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

jester22c wrote:I was unaware that there was a limit on checking profiles ??? I've never come across this.
Jester.. here is your rate limit screenshot :wink:

NOTE: AIM screen name has been blurred to protect their identity.

EDIT : Mwahaha... Am I the first person to use this file attachment thingy added to the phpBB ?
Attachments
AIM Profile Screen Limit - Screenshot
AIM Profile Screen Limit - Screenshot
ratelimit_screen.gif (7 KiB) Viewed 5616 times
jester22c

Post by jester22c »

xWastedMindx wrote:
jester22c wrote:I was unaware that there was a limit on checking profiles ??? I've never come across this.
Jester.. here is your rate limit screenshot :wink:

NOTE: AIM screen name has been blurred to protect their identity.

EDIT : Mwahaha... Am I the first person to use this file attachment thingy added to the phpBB ?

Wow, never seen that one before haha. But then again I'm not some crazy stalker who follows people around online ;)

btw -- I don't think you're the first to use the attachment, sorry :P
:D
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

jester22c wrote:Wow, never seen that one before haha. But then again I'm not some crazy stalker who follows people around online ;)
Hey! I dont follow people around online.... heh.. I just like to know where people are at, and what their doing..and I bet alot of people are like that as well, agree with me.. Its an addiction I tell you !!!
tone
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by tone »

on aim 5.0.2938 no rate limits on profiles at all
tone