Game Boy Player

Discuss video games from NES to PS2 to PC to whatever.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, DADINK13, fuuucckkers

Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Game Boy Player

Post by Big-O Mark »

http://cube.ign.com/articles/384/384712p1.html
Jet Black for Game Boy Player

There won't be a variety of colors for the GameCube peripheral.

February 03, 2003 - According to several retail sources, when Nintendo of America releases the Game Boy Player peripheral for the GameCube console this May, it will only be available in one color: Jet Black.

The Game Boy Player is an adapter that fits on the bottom of the GameCube console, and enables users to play any Game Boy Advance, Game Boy Color, and classic Game Boy games on a television. Games will be playable with the GameCube controller, or with a Game Boy Advance system connected via the link cable port to the GameCube's controller port.

When the Game Boy Player is released in Japan on March 21, it will be available in all the GameCube colors that ship in that territory: Purple, Orange, Black, and Silver. To show that the Game Boy Player's Jet Black color will not clash with the three available GameCube colors, Nintendo released images of the Jet Black Game Boy Player connected to all three hues.

Releasing only the black unit may be Nintendo of America's attempt to move the GameCube away from its "toy" image. The Game Boy Player will be released on May 26 for a MSRP of $39.99.
-Mark
Big-O Software
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

Sounds vaguely familiar..<cough cough>Super Gameboy<cough>
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

Sure it sounds famliar, but Super Gameboy rocked, and I'm very excited about this new version :).
-Mark
Big-O Software
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

The thing I hated about the GBC was that you couldn't play multiplayer gameboy games with it. I hope Nintendo learned from that mistake... :|
Frank Grimes

Post by Frank Grimes »

D4D1NK13 wrote:The thing I hated about the GBC was that you couldn't play multiplayer gameboy games with it. I hope Nintendo learned from that mistake... :|
Are you talking about Gameboy Color or Super Gameboy?
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

I believe he is.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
DADINK13

Post by DADINK13 »

lol..I meant the Super Gameboy.. :oops:
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

I think one of the coolest things about Super Gameboy and the upcoming Gameboy Player is that you don't need a Gameboy to play the games :D.
-Mark
Big-O Software
Robpol86
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Robpol86 »

i remember, when i still had my snes, and i remember the very old super gameboy commercials (when i lived in honduras, like 3rd or 2nd grade), i really wanted it, but i never got it. and after a while when i barley got the internet, i looked @ the jap site of nintendo and found "Super GameBoy 2" which appeared to have a gameboy pocket ext port. i thought it would eventually be release in the us but that was before i knew they shipped certain things to the us and other things exclusevly in japan